Effective January 1, 2008
Cary Politics, Inc is a not for profit company dedicated to helping citizens understand and discuss issues that affect their lives. We focus on issues that affect all of us and try to open doors of communication amongst ourselves, with local civic leaders, and with elected officials. We are completely non-partisan and intend to stay that way. The carypolitics.org website is owned and operated by Cary Politics, Inc.
•This policy covers how Cary Politics treats personal information that it collects and receives. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable such as your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
Information Collection and Use
• Cary Politics collects personal information when you register. Cary Politics may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from the internet or other public sources.
• When you register we ask for a valid email address and we may attempt to identify you through use of that email address.
• Cary Politics automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, Cary Politics cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request.
• Cary Politics uses information for the following general purposes: to track usage and to identify to the user areas of the site he/she may have already visited.
• Cary Politics will never use this information to send unsolicited advertisements. If you
receive spam from a 3rd party that has spoofed us, please send an email to the webmaster so we can take appropriate action.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
•Cary Politics does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies.
•Cary Politics may display targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria—for example, Cary residents interested in politics.
◦ Cary Politics does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
• Cary Politics will disclose personal information only when required via a court order.
•Cary Politics may set and access cookies on your computer.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
• You can edit your Cary Politics member information at any time.
• We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Cary Politics website. We may send information such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Cary Politics Newsletter, that are considered part of your Cary Politics account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
• You can delete your Cary Politics account at any time by sending an email to the site administrator requesting deletion.
• We limit access to any personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
• Cary Politics may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address associated with your Cary Politics account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at:
Cary Politics, Inc.
101 Parkrise Court
Cary, NC 27519
Effective Date: January 1, 2008