Thread: NCCVE Forum

Lurkie is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter

Default NCCVE Forum

I've got to think this was an error, but the item in the current BUD that announces the NCCVE Forum on September 12th outlines the format of the forum without any mention of the Mayor's race. Only Districts B, D, At-large and School board.

Surely the mayoral candidates will be included or will there be another event devoted to these candidates alone? I would perfer the latter.

Lurkie

kellyc is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Default Re: NCCVE Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkie
    I've got to think this was an error, but the item in the current BUD that announces the NCCVE Forum on September 12th outlines the format of the forum without any mention of the Mayor's race. Only Districts B, D, At-large and School board.

Surely the mayoral candidates will be included or will there be another event devoted to these candidates alone? I would perfer the latter.

Lurkie
    I dont understand why they are held during the day as opposed to at night when people can attend. I realize they run on tv, but the camera doesnt catch the all the facial expressions.

The Mayoral candidates will be included in the Cary Town Candidate forum

Damon Circosta
    forum manager
    nccve

d4vendel is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Default Re: NCCVE Forum

Quote Originally Posted by kellyc

I dont understand why they are held during the day as opposed to at night when people can attend. I realize they run on tv, but the camera doesnt catch the all the facial expressions.
    I completely agree, Kelly. Lip service is given to getting people involved, and then the powers that be make it a difficult as possible for people to be involved. Early evening makes much more sense for something like this, yet every year they schedule it so that you have to take time off of work to attend.

There is no substitute for being in the room for any public meeting. The camera rarely catches the inevitable eye rolls and "you have got to be freaking kidding me" looks.
    ==================================
    David Forvendel

"You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Opinions are mine, not those of my employer.