3-Star Forum General

Default Apex's Gossage to Seek District 41 House Seat

From Apex Commissioner Bryan Gossage...
    <hr>
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 2, 2008

Apex Councilman Bryan Gossage announces candidacy for N.C. House

Press Contact: Frank Williams
    919-833-4345

APEX, N.C. – Bryan Gossage, 33, a small-business owner and two-term Apex Councilman, today announced his candidacy for the North Carolina House of Representatives in District 41.

“Over the past couple of years the North Carolina State House has seen one scandal after another,” says Gossage. “I am running because the people of District 41 and all of North Carolina need experienced leaders who will focus on bringing accountability to our government.”

“During my years of public service, I’ve listened to the day-to-day concerns of our citizens – they struggle to pay ever-increasing taxes passed by the legislature, they see the legislature’s out-of-control spending and they’re frustrated with continued corruption in the State House. I am running because I’ll be a strong, sensible voice for Wake County. North Carolina needs experienced, innovative leadership, and that’s exactly what I’ll bring to Raleigh.”

Gossage has raised more than $22,000 for his election effort and has earned the support of State House Representatives Paul Stam, Nelson Dollar, and Marilyn Avila, who each represent neighboring districts in Wake County.

Bryan Gossage was first elected to the Apex Town Council in 2003 and was re-elected last year. He chairs the Council’s Personnel Committee and is Apex's delegate to the regional Council Of Governments. In 2007, Bryan was appointed to a two-year term on Wake County's Juvenile Crime Prevention Council. He served on the Wake County Library Commission from 2004 to 2006.

Bryan owns Peak Media Group, a marketing and communications firm in Apex. He lives in Apex with his wife, Chloe, and their daughter, Madeline. Bryan and his family attend Hope Chapel community church.

NC House District 41 encompasses portions of Apex, Cary, and Raleigh and all of Morrisville.
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

Bye bye Ty!

MattD is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by BenP
    Bye bye Ty!

Why do you say that??
    Matt Danielson

"Wisdom trumps fear" - Matthew Danielson

"Too often we… enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by MattD
    Why do you say that??
    Ty didn't win his seat to start with, Russell lost it. People here aren't stupid and don't tolerate ineffective politicians very long. It was time for Russell to go and most everyone but Russell knew it.

Ty's gimmicky "tie" cr@p might work have worked well to get elected, but what's he done since? Hell, as someone who follows politics pretty darn closely I haven't heard his name at all. Although with the current scandals surrounding house dems that could be a good thing.

I'm not going to list all of Bryan's qualifications or resume'. But I will say this, Republicans have an opportunity this fall. Jim Black, Thomas Wright, and others have opened the door and Republicans have an opportunity to gain seats if they run quality candidates with the right message. In this race they chose wisely.

This is a very winable district for the Republicans. Bye Bye Tie.

Ty is a freshman representative. You probably haven't heard the names of very many freshmen in the press. But he does have a good voting record and represents his district well.

Connecting Ty with Black or Wright makes about as much sense as connecting Bryan with David Almond.

MattD is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by BenP
    Why do you say that??
    Ty didn't win his seat to start with, Russell lost it. People here aren't stupid and don't tolerate ineffective politicians very long. It was time for Russell to go and most everyone but Russell knew it.

Ty's gimmicky "tie" cr@p might work have worked well to get elected, but what's he done since? Hell, as someone who follows politics pretty darn closely I haven't heard his name at all. Although with the current scandals surrounding house dems that could be a good thing.

I'm not going to list all of Bryan's qualifications or resume'. But I will say this, Republicans have an opportunity this fall. Jim Black, Thomas Wright, and others have opened the door and Republicans have an opportunity to gain seats if they run quality candidates with the right message. In this race they chose wisely.

This is a very winable district for the Republicans. Bye Bye Tie.
    The time to "tie" Ty with Jim Black and others was in 2006. To try and make that connection today would be a stretch. Hopefully the Republicans will be able to run a campaign based on issues and visions of the future rather then trying to move forward by looking in the rearview mirror.
    Matt Danielson

"Wisdom trumps fear" - Matthew Danielson

"Too often we… enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

DarylB Guest

Hopefully the Republicans will be able to run a campaign based on issues and visions of the future rather then trying to move forward by looking in the rearview mirror.
    Yea, it would be such a shame for the Republicans to take over the government in an armed coup d'etat, openly killing their rivals, like the Democrats did to become the dominant party of North Carolina, then establishing and organizing the Ku Klux Klan, and then writing Jim Crow laws to keep their power. We certainly wouldn't want anything like that to happen, and then be asked not to look back, now would we?

Quote Originally Posted by DarylB
    Hopefully the Republicans will be able to run a campaign based on issues and visions of the future rather then trying to move forward by looking in the rearview mirror.
    Yea, it would be such a shame for the Republicans to take over the government in an armed coup d'etat, openly killing their rivals, like the Democrats did to become the dominant party of North Carolina, then establishing and organizing the Ku Klux Klan, and then writing Jim Crow laws to keep their power. We certainly wouldn't want anything like that to happen, and then be asked not to look back, now would we?
    Talking about looking in the rearview mirror!

The coup took place in 1898. I don't think that anyone currently involved in politics (on either side) had anything to do with that event. Also, the sides have changed. The extreme conservatives long ago switched to the GOP, and the liberal Republicans long ago switch to the Democratic party.

DarylB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by johnshaw
    Quote Originally Posted by DarylB
    Talking about looking in the rearview mirror!

The coup took place in 1898. I don't think that anyone currently involved in politics (on either side) had anything to do with that event. Also, the sides have changed. The extreme conservatives long ago switched to the GOP, and the liberal Republicans long ago switch to the Democratic party.
    In other words, the Republican party should simply shoot all the Democrats, take over, and then wait another 100 years until all is forgotten, during which time they can rewrite and revise history to make themselves look respectable... hey, this sounds like a pretty cool plan! NOT.....

You forgot to add that Hillary killed Vince Foster.