Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Weaver Announces District 35 House Candidacy

Default Eric Weaver Announces District 35 House Candidacy

Raleigh – (February 11th, 200 Eric Weaver, 38 a small-business owner and RealtorŪ, today officially filed for office in the North Carolina House of Representatives in District 35. He was the first candidate to file for any office at the Wake County Board of Elections today at noon.

“We have not given the voters and taxpayers of District 35 a choice since 2002,” says Weaver. “I am running to give the people of District 35 a choice: A choice of responsibility and responsiveness over the current legislative practice of scandal and financial irresponsibility.”

“Through my over 10 years of public service as a policeman, I have dealt first hand with many of the human struggles that people have from day to day. I get the sense that average people believe that the North Carolina Legislature has no similar struggles. If they want to pay for something, necessary or not, they merely raise taxes on the working people. If they want to do something corrupt or illegal, they just seem to do it, no matter who they hurt in the process.”

“Many citizens feel that the members of the North Carolina State House lives in a dream world. They don’t have to struggle to make the important decisions that our families in North Carolina have to make – decisions about what is right or wrong, or what is the most intelligent way to spend their limited amount of resources. When I am elected, I will be a strong, courageous voice for Wake County, and will make responsible, ethical decisions in the Legislature. North Carolina needs dedicated, motivated, and trustworthy leadership, and that is exactly what I will provide.”

Eric Weaver and his wife Michelle own Weaver, Boryk, & Associates, L.L.C., a property management firm in Wake County. Eric also sells real estate through an affiliation with RE/MAX United in Cary. They live in Wake County with their children, Eric Jr. and Anna. Eric and his family are members of Saint George’s Anglican Church in Raleigh, where Eric serves as Junior Warden.

NC House District 35 encompasses portions of Raleigh, Cary, and unincorporated Wake County.

For More Information Contact: Eric Weaver at 919-201-1568 or view the campaign website at http://www.ElectWeaver.com

Don is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Default Re: Eric Weaver Announces District 35 House Candidacy

Good luck Eric! It has been a pleasure to get to know you over the last few months and I believe you would do us all proud on Jones Street.
    Don Frantz
    Don

dhyatt is offline Super Moderator Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General

Eric,
    Sorry for the delayed congrats but I've had a little trouble getting all this new fangled stuff working! Please keep us informed of your campaign's progess and with a little luck, I should have a column set aside on the homepage for regional campaign news.
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

I sure will keep everything up to date, as soon as *I* figure out this new software, too!

chaboard is offline Verified Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Couldn't help but noticing that the candidate thought it best to omit from the text of the announcement posted here his party affiliation.
    "OMG - someone on the internet is WRONG!"

Charlie Board

Eric --

Good luck. I have to wonder how you would go about eradicating illegal immigration and simultaneously support "small businesses" or be "pro-business"? It is a difficult problem. Look forward to your reply.
    We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

Sir Winston Churchill

Don is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by chaboard View Post
    Couldn't help but noticing that the candidate thought it best to omit from the text of the announcement posted here his party affiliation.
    Does it matter?
    Don

Brent is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    3-Star Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Does it matter?
    ...and if it does matter, it's easily accessible public information to anyone for whom it matters.
    - Brent Miller

"The job of a citizen is to keep his mouth open" -- Gunter Grass

chaboard is offline Verified Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Does it matter?
    Are you serious? This isn't a non-partisan Town Council race, this is the State House. You're **** right it matters.

And you can bet it's significant that it wasn't mentioned. Says quite a bit about the 2008 electoral atmosphere when even in the heart of Helms country a GOP candidate decides it's best to downplay his connection to the Party of Bush.
    "OMG - someone on the internet is WRONG!"

Charlie Board

DarylB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chaboard View Post
    Are you serious? This isn't a non-partisan Town Council race, this is the State House. You're **** right it matters.

And you can bet it's significant that it wasn't mentioned. Says quite a bit about the 2008 electoral atmosphere when even in the heart of Helms country a GOP candidate decides it's best to downplay his connection to the Party of Bush.
    Intelligent discourse demands, is this a case of downplaying affiliation, or a case of another "Red Rooster", trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. I'm guessing the later. You guys have the best reason to hide affiliation (ala Jim Black, and a few dozen other scandals).