Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: IOPL Graduates

Default Re: IOPL Graduates

Quote Originally Posted by dhyatt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VVActivist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCiulla View Post
    Sincere congratulations to both of you, when can we expect you to run for office?
    Would any voter wonder why they should vote for a candidate who, for a variety of reasons, was voted out of her elected party office?

With all due respect, this issue needs to be discussed on here in greater detail. I read Ms. Evangelista's response to the question as to why she was removed from office, and I seem to recall nothing quite so simple as her answers to that question.

If I was a Cary voter and I thought she was going to run for office, I'd think that being removed from a party office might have a bearing on her fitness for running for any other office. Just my opinion.....
    Or it might not have any bearing. Without knowing all the facts, it's very difficult to get to the bottom of why such a thing happened. Most of the time these discussions, especially when held in a public forum, simply devolve into a 'he said' / 'she said' situation. I'm quite confident that if/when Ms. Evangelista decides to run for public office there will be ample opportunity for discovery.
    Yes - I am sure that there will be ample time for discovery. Or what would be really fun is for the same "theatrics" that used to occur at the Wake Dems Board meetings to break-out in a public meeting carried on local CATV stations for all to watch and enjoy. That is assuming the other members of the elected body aren't too scared to come to a meeting to make quorum.

Best to travel in pairs my friends....

Just a suggestion here, but wouldn't this disagreement be better handled in private?
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

DarylB Guest

Just a suggestion here, but wouldn't this disagreement be better handled in private?
    You mean you want to do it like it's done in Chicago?

DarylB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by VVActivist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarylB View Post
    As concerns the Evangelista ouster, it all just sounds like so many Democratic purges to me, and I haven't really heard anything to suggest otherwise yet. So that's what I'm getting from all this, just another purge........

My Question..... Is the purge system (and its inherent Politburo) the one we want for the selection of our governmental leadership, or do we want and deserve an actual democracy?
    No DB - it wasn't a purge - .......
    I kind of miss the good old days, when they played soft music for a couple of days, and then the new leader showed up after all the statues of the former leader had been dragged down and run through the crusher... (and the blood cleaned up)....ah yes, but then I begin to feel a rush and a sense of nostalgia coming on.....

No purge here, please move on.....

I add my voice to those who are on topic in congratulating the IOPL Graduates! Way to go!
    Can't wait to see Brent's speech.

If you are on facebook, make sure to check out the alumni group or the "Fans of IOPL" group.

-MM

DarylB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    I add my voice to those who are on topic in congratulating the IOPL Graduates! Way to go!
    Can't wait to see Brent's speech.

If you are on facebook, make sure to check out the alumni group or the "Fans of IOPL" group.

-MM
    Oh, yea, me too ....congratulations!

CatherineE Guest

Wink Re: IOPL Graduates

Joe, what's the point of that? "VV" isn't trying to solve a disagreement. The pathetic individual is working it old-school style as an alumni of MSU (Make S--t Up). He doesn't live in Cary and has no reason to post here except to try to trash my reputation. Maybe Santa will bring him a life this Christmas. Meanwhile I won't bother responding to his latest and even more fantastical accusations as he's clearly worked himself into quite a little snit. I'm guessing he's forgotten to recap all those bottles of glue near his keyboard.

Ireland Guest

If Catherine Evangelista does not want to discuss her removal from office in WCDP, we should respect it. Catherine is a private citizen and she deserves the same privacy as you and me. However it is well known that Catherine Evangelista is planning her campaign for Cary town council district C in 2009. When she declares her candidacy, a detailed investigation about the removal from office will be appropriate for discussion on this web site. Cary voters have an obligation to be informed about candidates for public office, and to inform other voters about them. The voters will determine for themselves if Catherine Evangelista's record of problems in WCDP predict problems she will bring to Cary town council if elected.

CatherineE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
    If Catherine Evangelista does not want to discuss her removal from office in WCDP, we should respect it. Catherine is a private citizen and she deserves the same privacy as you and me. However it is well known that Catherine Evangelista is planning her campaign for Cary town council district C in 2009. When she declares her candidacy, a detailed investigation about the removal from office will be appropriate for discussion on this web site. Cary voters have an obligation to be informed about candidates for public office, and to inform other voters about them. The voters will determine for themselves if Catherine Evangelista's record of problems in WCDP predict problems she will bring to Cary town council if elected.

Mr. (or is it Mrs.?) Ireland,

I am both flattered and concerned. Thank you for considering me a serious potential candidate enough to attempt to sandbag me so early on. I couldn't have afforded this much publicity. Still, your rants and those of VV Activist are approaching obsessive which is a bit troubling. (Could Ireland and VV the same person? You do sound alike.)

Obviously you have an axe to grind with me. I'll send you a private message with my cell number so you can contact me to discuss whatever is bothering you. I'll look forward to your call.

Catherine Evangelista
    private citizen

Ireland do you find it odd that Catherine has no problem trashing other people? Did the IOPL teach her this political trick?

In reference to VV Activist, Catherine wrote to Don “I am concerned he has nothing better to do than harass my good name.”

What about other people that she has trashed before the thread was closed? This is not about the truth, it is about the tables being turned and she doesn’t like VV Activist telling the other side of the story.

Sure she wants to talk to you in private.