Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76

Thread: IOPL Graduates

  1. #21
    CatherineE Guest

    Default Re: IOPL Graduates


    ...Anonymous posters' attacks have zero credibility.
    You have my cell number.
    Last edited by CatherineE; 12-19-2008 at 02:12 AM.

  2. #22
    Craig Lister Guest

    Default Re: IOPL Graduates

    Catherine, you are a "trip".

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    239

    Default Re: IOPL Graduates

    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCiulla View Post
    Just a suggestion here, but wouldn't this disagreement be better handled in private?
    Joe, what's the point of that? "VV" isn't trying to solve a disagreement. The pathetic individual is working it old-school style as an alumni of MSU (Make S--t Up). He doesn't live in Cary and has no reason to post here except to try to trash my reputation. Maybe Santa will bring him a life this Christmas. Meanwhile I won't bother responding to his latest and even more fantastical accusations as he's clearly worked himself into quite a little snit. I'm guessing he's forgotten to recap all those bottles of glue near his keyboard.
    Catherine - now you are calling me a liar when you claim I make "s__t" up. Since you are the person who claims that I made "s__t" up about you, please explain specifically did I make up? You could ask anyone who attended both the COR and the EC hearings and I stated it very accurately. It's too bad that the people who wrote up the report from the COR couldn't get it right after 4 attempts.

    Yes or No - did you in fact file a complaint that was heard at the COR hearing?
    Yes or No - did the COR rule that your complaint had no merit?

    Yes or No - did at least three Dems in Wake County file a petition or a complaint against you?
    Yes or No - did the COR rule that the the petition or complaint had merit?

    Yes or no - did the COR not be able to get the requisite 2/3 majority needed to remove you from your Wake Dems Board position per the NCDP Plan Of Organization?

    And here is one I personally want to know ALL about:

    Yes or No - did you engage in ex-parte communication with one or more members of the COR prior to your hearing with them other than to deal with scheduling conflicts?
    Last edited by VVActivist; 12-19-2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: thought there was a typo

  4. #24
    CatherineE Guest

    Default Re: IOPL Graduates

    Quote Originally Posted by VVActivist View Post
    Catherine - now you are calling me a liar when you claim I make "s__t" up. Since you are the person who claims that I made "s__t" up about you, please explain specifically did I make up? You could ask anyone who attended both the COR and the EC hearings and I stated it very accurately. It's too bad that the people who wrote up the report from the COR couldn't get it right after 4 attempts.
    Again, anonymous posters' attacks have zero credibility....Yes or No?

    You can't expect anyone to take you and your accusations seriously, "VV" if you're not willing to stand by them yourself. BTW, my cell phone is still waiting for your call?
    Last edited by CatherineE; 12-19-2008 at 03:40 PM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    239

    Default Re: IOPL Graduates

    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VVActivist View Post
    Catherine - now you are calling me a liar when you claim I make "s__t" up. Since you are the person who claims that I made "s__t" up about you, please explain specifically did I make up? You could ask anyone who attended both the COR and the EC hearings and I stated it very accurately. It's too bad that the people who wrote up the report from the COR couldn't get it right after 4 attempts.
    Again, anonymous posters' attacks have zero credibility....Yes or No?

    You can't expect anyone to take you and your accusations seriously, "VV" if you're not willing to stand by them yourself. BTW, my cell phone is still waiting for your call?
    Catherine - you know who I am, and so do most of the other people on here. There is as you know nothing wrong with people posting under a screen name that means a great deal to them.

    You can simply look it up under my previous posts. And there is a reason why I haven't posted my name here - I wanted to see how long you would go claiming I was posting anonymously before you actually answered the questions. Because when and if I do "sign" my name on here, you'll only find another reason to avoid answering direct questions.

    That you can't answer a couple of simple questions with a "yes" or a "no" answer does indicate quite a bit about what sort of a leader you might be if you decide to run for office. What will you do when you run for office and people ask you about these questions?
    Last edited by VVActivist; 12-19-2008 at 04:26 PM. Reason: brain fart

  6. #26
    Brent's Avatar
    Brent is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    3-Star Forum General
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    4,636

    Default Re: IOPL Graduates

    I am non-partisan, not overly interested in the local Democratic party's internal squabbles, and I'm not going to get in the middle of them...

    BUT...

    I agree with Catherine that anonymous attacks have zero credibility...at least with me.
    - Brent Miller

    "The job of a citizen is to keep his mouth open" -- Gunter Grass

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    992

    Default Re: IOPL Graduates

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I am non-partisan, not overly interested in the local Democratic party's internal squabbles, and I'm not going to get in the middle of them...

    BUT...

    I agree with Catherine that anonymous attacks have zero credibility...at least with me.
    I am also non-partisan. This thread started out as a congratulatory mention of recent IOPL graduates. And congratulations are well deserved. Graduating from IOPL is a major accomplishment, stop tarnishing it.

    I would recommend that the combatants take their issues off-line, and that this thread be locked by a moderator if posters have run out of good things to say.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

  8. #28
    Craig Lister Guest

    Default Re: IOPL Graduates

    VVActivist is not an anonymous poster. He has previously signed his name to his posts such as this one here: http://carypolitics.org/forums/showt...?t=2611&page=3 Better identification of one's self than a host of others on this site wouldn't you agree?

    Catherine Evangelista knows exactly who he is and is only using anonymity as an excuse not to answer his questions. VV asks serious questions that are worthy of answers. Catherine doesn't want to answer those questions and instead attempts to discredit the person asking the questions.

    Catherine's motivation for participating in the IOPL, the topic of this thread, was to better prepare herself for a run for the Cary council in 2009. Therefore I believe a Cary political website the perfect forum for her to address these questions.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    239

    Default Re: IOPL Graduates

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I am non-partisan, not overly interested in the local Democratic party's internal squabbles, and I'm not going to get in the middle of them...

    BUT...

    I agree with Catherine that anonymous attacks have zero credibility...at least with me.
    Oh my God - this is silly! You wanna know how silly this is - I got a call this afternoon from an elected official who lives in Cary and asked if I was VVActivist. Do you know how this person was able to do that?

    They looked at my profile and my previous posts, and found my name there. This is just a silly game Catherine is playing claiming that I am an anonymous poster. Even though she knows who I am and so would anyone else who took the time to look at my profile, she continues to stick to her story that this is an anonymous posting. That is because she simply doesn't want to answer the questions I asked even though she claims I am making stuff up.

    If a elected official already living in Cary can find out who I am, and someone contemplating a run for office can't do that - maybe that should be a test for running for office?

    But come on now - someone who discovered "war driving" on the net as a way to explain how someone used her IP address to post a bogus craigslist ad earlier this year should know how to find out who I am - it's right there waiting for you to click my profile name.

    But even once that name is known by you all, I am willing to bet Catherine still won't answer my questions - so here they are again:

    Yes or No - did you in fact file a complaint that was heard at the COR hearing?
    Yes or No - did the COR rule that your complaint had no merit?

    Yes or No - did at least three Dems in Wake County file a petition or a complaint against you?
    Yes or No - did the COR rule that the the petition or complaint had merit?

    Yes or no - did the COR not be able to get the requisite 2/3 majority needed to remove you from your Wake Dems Board position per the NCDP Plan Of Organization?

    And here is one I personally want to know ALL about:

    Yes or No - did you engage in ex-parte communication with one or more members of the COR prior to your hearing with them other than to deal with scheduling conflicts?

  10. #30
    DarylB Guest

    Default Re: IOPL Graduates

    This thing of playing "guess who I am" is perhaps the stupidest (or at least CLOSE to the stupidest), most childish exchange I can think of. I've always posted with my name, and have said for nearly five years that it should be so, at the very least if there are going to be personal exhanges such as are the subject this has become, then by all means act personally. There have been a good number of CP members who prefer the cloak of anonymity, but I truly don't understand why the "anonymous" get involved in politics in such a peripherally marginalizing way. If they can't comment openly in with the drapes open by daylight, then I agree with CatherineE on at least this much, there's certainly every reason to hold such comments in disregard. While I fully realize that the Ku Klux Klan and the bedsheet were the inventions of the Democrats and the Democratic party, I'd certainly hope for better among CP members, and in this somewhat more enlightened day and age.
    Last edited by DarylB; 12-20-2008 at 03:18 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •