Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: IOPL Graduates

Default Re: IOPL Graduates

Quote Originally Posted by DarylB View Post
    This thing of playing "guess who I am" is perhaps the stupidest (or at least CLOSE to the stupidest), most childish exchange I can think of. I've always posted with my name, and have said for nearly five years that it should be so, at the very least if there are going to be personal exhanges such as are the subject this has become, then by all means act personally. There have been a good number of CP members who prefer the cloak of anonymity, but I truly don't understand why the "anonymous" get involved in politics in such a peripherally marginalizing way. If they can't comment openly in with the drapes open by daylight, then I agree with CatherineE on at least this much, there's certainly every reason to hold such comments in disregard. While I fully realize that the Ku Klux Klan and the bedsheet were the inventions of the Democrats and the Democratic party, I'd certainly hope for better among CP members, and in this somewhat more enlightened day and age.
    DarylB - bully for you that you feel comfortable enough to post your first name (but not your last name) whenever your posts show up. Given the complaints against Catherine at the COR hearing (that were found to have merit), many people wouldn't care to "out" themselves - they don't want to be walking around with a "bulls-eye" on their forehead.

Catherine knows perfectly well who I am, she has written a private message to me and she know who I am. She could "out" me if she chose to do so, but to be honest I feel that this is a perfect excuse for her not to answer the questions I have posed to her especially since she claims I made up "s__t" about her. She wants me to call her, but she likes to record people a bit too much for my taste.

While you are getting sucked into her "logic" about anonymous postings, will you and Catherine's other "white knights" ask Catherine to answer my questions if I post my name here?

I agree the communication is unfortunate.

Had Ms. CE not falsely attacked innocent folks previously, she probably would not have incurred such feedback.

In response to a previous Thread regarding Cary Vice Chair removal -- here is why CE was removed from office.

Ms. CE sent an email to on June 10th, 2008 to over 100+ democrat activists and elected officials encouraging them to leave the Democratic Party due the outcome of the Presidential Primary. She then accused a former State Senator and longtime Democratic Activist of parking sending the email by parking in Ms. CE's driveway; hacking on to her wireless system, and "framing" CE. I have a copy of the email if you need proof. Talk about smearing a reputation.

Such an action is in violation of the Democratic Party Plan of Organization. Yes, the Council of Review did not meet the majority vote needed to remove her from office (the vote was 5-4 not 6-3 as needed). The State Executive Committee voted 16-5 to remove her from office.

VVActivist is being very honest in regards to the target issue. I have both witnessed and felt it. I have seen a dear friend's life turned upside down for months due to her actions. Her actions are such that I do not feel I have the credentials to deal with her behavioral issues. It is not just email attacks but also verbal & physical.

Perhaps CE would better serve herself by following her intuition and move on from the Democratic Party. I do believe there are both pro-choice & pro-women Republicans/ Independents out there. She has a certain "Sarah Palin" quality about her that I think some folks would find attractive. Her claims of being victimized by Democratic Leadership sounds much like the "Right-Wing" Conspiracy.

Ther are folks within the Democratic Party just exhausted by the continuing drama and would like to get back to work. Her absence from meeting have resulted in a much more pleasant and productive experience for the attendees.

There are only two Dem Groups (other than the Meet-Ups she keeps creating) left for her to join and then be asked to leave are the African American Caucus & the Democratic Men.

I hope CE finds a place where her talents and tactics can be appreciated.

Joanne Casey - not so anomynous

CatherineE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jdcasey View Post
    ....There are only two Dem Groups (other than the Meet-Ups she keeps creating) left for her to join and then be asked to leave are the African American Caucus & the Democratic Men.

I hope CE finds a place where her talents and tactics can be appreciated.

Joanne Casey - not so anomynous
    It's best to have a thick skin in politics but a lie unanswered within 24 hrs becomes a "truth."

Joanne, your input is welcomed as always but you must get your facts straight if you want to be taken seriously. I have not been asked to leave a single democratic club of any kind. I am currently a member of the Democratic Women of Wake County. I'm not old enough to be a member of the Senior Dems and I'm too old to be in Young Dems.

Thanks for becoming active in Cary Politics.

DarylB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by VVActivist View Post
    This thing of playing "guess who I am" is perhaps the stupidest (or at least CLOSE to the stupidest), most childish exchange I can think of. I've always posted with my name, and have said for nearly five years that it should be so, at the very least if there are going to be personal exhanges such as are the subject this has become, then by all means act personally. There have been a good number of CP members who prefer the cloak of anonymity, but I truly don't understand why the "anonymous" get involved in politics in such a peripherally marginalizing way. If they can't comment openly in with the drapes open by daylight, then I agree with CatherineE on at least this much, there's certainly every reason to hold such comments in disregard. While I fully realize that the Ku Klux Klan and the bedsheet were the inventions of the Democrats and the Democratic party, I'd certainly hope for better among CP members, and in this somewhat more enlightened day and age.
    DarylB - bully for you that you feel comfortable enough to post your first name (but not your last name) whenever your posts show up.
    I for one am singularly unimpressed with your powers of observation, and that's just for a start. My FULL name has been my closing signature for nearly five years, in nearly 4500 posts of your choosing to see (and if I'm not mistaken, I'm ow about the third most frequent poster on CP). And I know for a fact I'm clearly the most vocal proponent of ones clearly owning up to their own words by clearly stating wh they are, and have been a decisive opponent of anonymous postings, to the extent I have at various times been asked to back off. I'm not going to back off you and this corp of sand box flippers that's just joined, seemingly for no other purpose than clandestine stalking of CatherineE from under your bedsheets. Shameful conduct is something I accept from noone. I really have to ask myself, if this is how YOU conduct yourself and your politics, why would I want to know you, much less elect you or support you in ANY political endeavor, and why should I even bother listening to your opionions, when you yourself don't show the courage to openly support them. We've got far too much in the way of back room (and bathroom) exchanges, making our political system more a joke than a benefit. You're part of the problem, not part of the solution, and you're WAY too intent on controlling other people for my tastes. In short, Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by VVActivist View Post
    DarylB - bully for you that you feel comfortable enough to post your first name (but not your last name) whenever your posts show up.
    I for one am singularly unimpressed with your powers of observation, and that's just for a start. My FULL name has been my closing signature for nearly five years, in nearly 4500 posts of your choosing to see (and if I'm not mistaken, I'm ow about the third most frequent poster on CP). And I know for a fact I'm clearly the most vocal proponent of ones clearly owning up to their own words by clearly stating wh they are, and have been a decisive opponent of anonymous postings, to the extent I have at various times been asked to back off. I'm not going to back off you and this corp of sand box flippers that's just joined, seemingly for no other purpose than clandestine stalking of CatherineE from under your bedsheets. Shameful conduct is something I accept from noone. I really have to ask myself, if this is how YOU conduct yourself and your politics, why would I want to know you, much less elect you or support you in ANY political endeavor, and why should I even bother listening to your opionions, when you yourself don't show the courage to openly support them. We've got far too much in the way of back room (and bathroom) exchanges, making our political system more a joke than a benefit. You're part of the problem, not part of the solution, and you're WAY too intent on controlling other people for my tastes. In short, Grow up.
    Good points, Daryl. It seems that VV signed up for the sole purpose of trashing CE. I'm glad to be Unaffiliated -- it must suck to get hammered by your own party.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

DarylB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCiulla View Post
    -- it must suck to get hammered by your own party.
    Always better to get hammered AT a party than BY a party, doncha' think?

'Tis the Season!

CatherineE Guest

Good points, Daryl. It seems that VV signed up for the sole purpose of trashing CE. I'm glad to be Unaffiliated -- it must suck to get hammered by your own party.
    Actually Joe, I wasn't undermined (or assaulted) by my own party, just the county party chair and her minions. Thankfully, a few bad apples don't spoil the whole barrel. These county party officers' terms end in April '09 or thereabout and this mendacious administration will soon be history.

Daryl, you are too funny!
    Last edited by CatherineE; 12-20-2008 at 04:40 PM.

-- it must suck to get hammered by your own party.
    Always better to get hammered AT a party than BY a party, doncha' think?

'Tis the Season!
    Daryl,
    I bow to your wisdom!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

Don is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by DarylB
    This thing of playing "guess who I am" is perhaps the stupidest (or at least CLOSE to the stupidest), most childish exchange I can think of.
    All of this anonymous poster stuff reminds me of the observant-situhzen sexism thread last year. BTW, if anyone is looking for a humorous blast from the past go back and read that thread - it's a hoot!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCiulla
    Good points, Daryl. It seems that VV signed up for the sole purpose of trashing CE.
    Actually, no. VV signed up last year to offer his thoughts regarding IRV. I remember this discussion well as I have become more familiar with IRV than I ever thought I would.

Quote Originally Posted by DarylB
    My FULL name has been my closing signature for nearly five years, in nearly 4500 posts of your choosing to see (and if I'm not mistaken, I'm ow about the third most frequent poster on CP).
    4500 posts???? Including your "vacation time"? Wow... How many frequent flyer miles is that worth, Don?
    Last edited by dhyatt; 01-05-2009 at 05:36 PM.
    Don

Paul V. Buitenen Guest

Default Exposing the Wake County Democratic Party committee

I want to respond to something I read a while ago on carypolitics.org concerning a political feud in your county. I refer to accusations made by Joanne Casey on 12-20-08 in the matter of the removal of the Cary Vice Chair Catherine Evangelista here on this website.

It has taken some time but I have researched the facts, obtained party documents and interviewed individuals involved in the removal process. I can state unequivocally Ms. Casey was untruthful and libelous in her posting of 12-20-08. If Ms. Casey purposely mixed up the facts from several disparate events to fabricate conclusions far more extreme than reality, she has in fact engaged in malicious libel and may be held to account for damages caused by her actions.

The North Carolina Democratic Party had a staffer take minutes at the September 2008 appeal hearing seeking to overturn an earlier hearing's decision put forth by the NCDP Council of Review. The previous month, Council of Review voted on a petition seeking to remove Catherine Evangelista from office. The votes determined Ms. Evangelista would retain her position. According to NCDP documents, the appeal's meeting minutes and documents submitted into evidence at the appeal hearing, the facts disprove Joanne Casey's allegations.

...In response to a previous Thread regarding Cary Vice Chair removal -- here is why CE was removed from office. Ms. CE sent an email to on June 10th, 2008 to over 100+ democrat activists and elected officials encouraging them to leave the Democratic Party due the outcomeof the Presidential Primary.
    FALSE. #1. The email in question was sent on June 6, 2009 NOT June 10th and Joanne Casey was not listed as a recipient of that email
    FALSE. #2. The email MS. Casey refers to did not urge people to leave due to a presidential primary outcome but to participate in a symbolic gesture to attract media coverage over the DNC party mishandling through their Rules & Bylaws Committee decision to not fully count the Florida and Michigan delegates harming presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's bid for the nomination.

She then accused a former State Senator and longtime Democratic Activist of parking sending the email by parking in Ms. CE's driveway; hacking on to her wireless system, and "framing" CE. I have a copy of the email if you need proof. Talk about smearing a reputation.
    FALSE. #3. Ms. Evangelista did not accuse anyone of sending any email in an attempt to frame her. In fact Ms. Evangelista retracted the June 6th email within 90 minutes apologizing for venting during a highly contentious and emotional primary campaign. Joanne Casey has confused the June 6th email with a separate allegation against Ms. Evangelista concerning an employment advertisement placed on Craigslist on 4/1/08 (April fools day). These are incidents are not related. Ms. Evangelista was questioned as to who could have placed the prank ad. She indicated anyone with a laptop such as Ms. Linda Gunter. Joanne Casey's failure to mention the retraction email is indictative of her selective use of facts and fabrication
    FALSE. #4. Ms. Evangelista did not accuse anyone of sitting in her driveway or "hacking" into her wireless network. She did provide evidence that "War driving" is a common practice in which anyone with a mobile computing device (laptop, blackberry, cellphone) can access the internet through another's wifi network if it's not password protected. War driving is the action of seeking unprotected connections to the internet (i.e. "hot spots").

Such an action is in violation of the Democratic Party Plan of Organization.
    FALSE. #5. None of these actions - including the fabrication Ms. Casey is attempting to propagate - violate the Democratic Party Plan of Organization.
    FALSE. #6. Section 10.01 of the Plan of Organization lists just 3 grounds or violations that can cause an officer to be removed
    * Giving support, aid or help to any opposing political party or candidate of an opposing party
    * refusing or failing to perform his or her duties
    * conviction of a crime involving moral turpitude
    Ms. Evangelista's June 6th email comes under Free Speech and was sent by Ms. Evangelista, the private citizen, and did not include her title or reference to her position in the county or state democratic party. Ms. Casey's attempts to amplify wrong where there is none begs the question of Ms. Casey's own motives in doing so.

Yes, the Council of Review did not meet the majority vote needed to remove her from office (the vote was 5-4 not 6-3 as needed).
    FALSE. #7. Ms. Casey neglects to mention the Council of Review voted that the petition for removal had little merit and did not rise to the level to remove an elected officer. This information is listed in the decision document released by the Council of Review signed by Dr. Barbara Ann Hughes, chair of the Council of Review hearing.

I have both witnessed and felt it. I have seen a dear friend's life turned upside down for months due to her actions. Her actions are such that I do not feel I have the credentials to deal with her behavioral issues. It is not just email attacks but also verbal & physical.
    FALSE. #8. Ms. Casey appears to have no credentials to assess her "dear friend's" behavior or anyone elses as she is a sales rep for baby formula according to her Facebook profile.
    FALSE. #9. Ms. Casey is alluding to an incident concerning the 2/20/08 physical assault on Ms. Evangelista by a former county party employee resulting in Ms. Evangelista filing a police incident report for her own personal safety. Ms. Casey was not present and could not have witnessed the assault which occurred at the state party headquarters.

Perhaps CE would better serve herself by following her intuition and move from the Democratic Party. I do believe there are both pro-choice & pro-women Republicans/ Independents out there. She has a certain "Sarah Palin" quality about her that I think some folks would find attractive. Her claims of being victimized by Democratic Leadership sounds much like the "Right-Wing" Conspiracy.
    Ms. Casey is entitled to her opinion but does not have the authority to determine who may or may not participate in party politics. Ms. Casey's attempt to paint Ms. Evangelista as a right-wing conspiracy fanatic is as malicious as it is ridiculous. That said, certain circumstances, such as the selection of the appeal hearing "jurors", fall somewhere between highly unusual coincidence and outright conspiracy.
    It's certainly suspect that one third of the appeal "jurors" were substitutes or "proxies" sitting in on the appeal hearing for other SEC officials. Proxies are certainly permitted but it is highly improper to select individuals as proxies with a known personal bias against the respondent of the petition, involvment and participation in developing the petition.

Proxies are selected from a pool of 700 State Executive Committee members which include Ms. Evangelista but not Ms. Casey. Approximately 80 SEC members live in Wake County. It is highly unusual as are the odds of choosing 5 people to serve as proxies who were personally involved in some of the allegations made against Ms. Evangelista. Any attorney will tell you a juror with a stake in the outcome is a biased juror. Many of these biased jurors were asked twice to recuse themselves at the appeal hearing but they refused to leave. They include Jim Martin, Mary Alice Simmons, Mona Keech, Conan Morgan and Melissa Price. Another 3 "jurors" also have questionable associations with certain aspects of the petition and/or the individuals involved (Bruce Thompson, Reva McNair and Philip Gilfus). This certainly denied Ms. Evangelista the opportunity to a fair and just hearing given that 8 of the 21 members of the SEC appeal hearing board were unable to be impartial.

There are only two Dem Groups (other than the Meet-Ups she keeps creating) left for her to join and then be asked to leave are the African American Caucus & the Democratic Men.
    FALSE. #10. Ms. Casey has again been untruthful as Ms. Evangelista clarified earlier on this website. Ms. Evangelista has not been removed from any group.

It is in the best interest of all involved if Ms. Casey would acknowledge her complicity in defaming Ms. Evangelista and inflicting damage to her reputation, political future and career. I urge you, Ms. Casey to apologize immediate on this website or risk further action.
    Last edited by dhyatt; 03-16-2009 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Changed title - forum rules violation