Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cary - District "C"

Hybrid View

MattD is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Default Cary - District "C"

I am seperating the Cary races to make it a little bit easier to follow. No reason to lump them all in one thread.

Three people running for District "C":
    Jack Smith
    Catherine Evangelista
    John Harvilla
    Last edited by kellyc; 09-18-2009 at 07:06 PM.
    Matt Danielson

"Wisdom trumps fear" - Matthew Danielson

"Too often we… enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

CatherineE Guest

Default Re: Cary - Distict "C"

As a first-time candidate for public office, I am both excited and awed at the opportunity to represent the people of Cary.

When Mayor Weinbrecht asked me to run, he did so with the same concern for Cary's future that motivated his run. I was honored to be asked by him especially because of his confidence in my understanding of the town's issues.

Now, given the state of NC's economy, it is even more critical to put the needs of Cary residents above all else. I'm pleased to share the ballot with Jack and John and look forward to the campaign!

Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineE View Post
    As a first-time candidate for public office, I am both excited and awed at the opportunity to represent the people of Cary.

When Mayor Weinbrecht asked me to run, he did so with the same concern for Cary's future that motivated his run. I was honored to be asked by him especially because of his confidence in my understanding of the town's issues.

Now, given the state of NC's economy, it is even more critical to put the needs of Cary residents above all else. I'm pleased to share the ballot with Jack and John and look forward to the campaign!

Catherine
    Wow Catherine! That's quite an honor, I'm sure there's a story there! I wonder if he will be making a public endorsement in District C . . . .
    Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for. ~Will Rogers
    Whatever you are, be a good one. -Abe Lincoln

Brent is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    3-Star Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    I wonder if he will be making a public endorsement in District C . . . .
    From the Mayor's blog http://haroldweinbrecht.com/?p=159

Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Weinbrecht
    I have been asked to endorsed or get involved in several races. While I will be glad to meet with any and all candidates I intend to only endorse Mayor Pro-Tem Robison and only if she wants me to.
    - Brent Miller

"The job of a citizen is to keep his mouth open" -- Gunter Grass

d4vendel is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

"Endorsement" and "asking me to run" are two very different statements.
    ==================================
    David Forvendel

"You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Opinions are mine, not those of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by d4vendel View Post
    "Endorsement" and "asking me to run" are two very different statements.
    Maybe it was asking her if she intends to run - a different question entirely!

CatherineE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    Wow Catherine! That's quite an honor, I'm sure there's a story there! I wonder if he will be making a public endorsement in District C . . . .
    Sorry to disappoint you, Belle, but there is no story to tell. He called to ask me and we talked about it and I called him back with my decision. That's basically how it came about.

Catherine
    Catherine,

When did Mayor Weinbrecht ask you to run and what reasons did he give?

Just curious.

CatherineE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ncary42long View Post

Catherine
    Catherine,

When did Mayor Weinbrecht ask you to run and what reasons did he give?

Just curious.
    He asked me several months ago and we've been talking about it ever since. We spoke on this days before his mother passed away. I already answered the "why."

Why don't you call him about this...again?

A rumor is going around that she is going to drop out of the race because she needs back surgery. Maybe that is why she has not been around. Have not been able to confirm or deny the rumor. Rather have back surgery than to get slaughtered in an election.

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." Albert Einstein