Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Cary - District "C"

Default Re: Cary - Distict "C"

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    1. Why don't you call the mayor to verify instead of making an allegation? The mayor called me yesterday and said several others have called him about asking me to run and those same folks have neglected to mention his response. If you do/did call him, please let us know what he tells you.
    I spoke to the Mayor. Do you REALLY want me to post here for everyone to read what he told me? I have thus far hesitated on doing so out of respect for the mayor's wishes not to be brought into this race.
    Yes, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    6. I believe you've confused not having the support of some democrats who enjoy stalking me with the actual democratic party. I hadn't thought to ask for the local party's support given this is a nonpartisan race. The WCDP typically does not focus on municipality races when there are countywide races at hand like the WC school board elections.
    Anyone who knows anything about local politics in Wake County these days knows this statement couldn't be farther from the truth. You - a democratic party official - hadn't thought about asking your party for help???? LOL.....
    Don, as you know, infighting and personal feuds exist in both parties but you go right on believing what you want to believe. Did you know I was re-elected to the State Executive Committee 3 months ago at the Wake County Democratic Party's convention and re-elected as a precinct officer in March? So apparently not everyone is buying the rumor you're peddling. I would caution you, though, to seek out a more balanced, credible party "source" than the guy the Cary police department had to counsel for making threats to me and stalking me on blogs. This association will hurt your credibility.
    Actually Catherine, the SEC ballot process was so confusing and so few people voted a full slate of 37 candidates that a person could get a seat on the SEC with as few as 5 votes. I believe that is all you got. A fellow precinct chair voted for you for "sh*ts and giggles" (I am paraphrasing his words) because he didn't think you would get enough votes to be on the SEC . Turns out he was wrong.

And as far as the Cary Police having to "counsel" anyone - you have that wrong too. The Cary PD knows what a metaphor is - and they were practically apologizing for wasting my time. And if anyone is stalking anyone else on the blogs - ask your friends (listed below) what they know about "blogstalking":

Sj Patel, S Patel, KDfurnish, Egghead(?), Woptido, R Singh, Get a clue, T Boyd, Michelle S, Ann S, or the well known Paul V Buitenen

SJ Patel and S Patel are the same ID on Facebook - a person that no one has ever met. SJ/S Patel admitted to "flirting" with me on Facebook (I can produce the screenshot) and had I known who it really was at the time, I'd have hurled on my computer.

Chris Telesca

I just returned from a meeting with PVB & SJ Patel at the Panera. We had Egghead-Salad Sandwiches with a side of Centipedes.

They are confident Catherine will follow up the statement posted by Ireland (wait -- isn't Ireland actually Catherine) and will address the request for information from Mr. Daily.

Of course, over 100+ Democratic Activists & Elected Officials recieved the email from Catherine insisting they leave the Democratic Party because of Barack Obama winning the Presidential Primary. Just ask one of them.

Unfortunately, knowing Cary GOPers -- this will only gain favor.

d4vendel is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by VVActivist View Post
    And as far as the Cary Police having to "counsel" anyone - you have that wrong too. The Cary PD knows what a metaphor is - and they were practically apologizing for wasting my time.
    Verified.
    ==================================
    David Forvendel

"You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Opinions are mine, not those of my employer.

CatherineE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    Why would I do that? He's a busy man, too busy to enjoy dealing with all this mess you've put upon him. I didn't make any particular allegation, I said that you claim he recruited you but it is unverified. That is a FACT.
    1) Actually, you wrote my claim is "unverified". When I urge you to verify it for yourself, you refuse to and repeat stating it's unverified. Circuitously unfair, don't you think?

2. Yes you did, for those who missed it, you wanted to see if any other Dems got in the race. Again, if you were the Mayor's recruit, why would anyone else have stepped up? When did he call? Friday morning?
    John H. is a moot point.
    - Ruth Merkle, a WCDP party officer had posted info about her recruitment efforts but hasn't spoken with me on the matter despite my efforts to meet with her so it was possible another Dem would step forward. Another democrat filing would split partisan support and improve the incumbent's chances to win. Make sense strategically to wait and see.
    - The mayor called to ask me several months ago, so no, he didn't ask me on Friday.

I completely disagree that John H's late filing is a "moot point." You made the issue about filing on the deadline day. He filed less than an hour before me.

3. You were sarcastic in your reply. FACT he is a voter in the upcoming election, regardless of which district he is in. Just not your voter. BTW I live in Dist. C. So, that may qualify me as a voter in your book. In fact, I am extremely motivated to protect the District from unqualified candidates. You may sense my passion in this exchange.
    I have been known to be sarcastic to make a point.
    What's your definition of unqualified?

4.... Who in Cary goes into a political race not ready to give an answer on growth?
    You mean an answer on Cary Politics or publicly? Neither of my opponents have commented or responded to this thread. But to answer your question fairly, (click this link).

5. You're quite wrong. I haven't spent "beaucoups" of money on running. The NC IOPL is a fellowship funded by a grant and costing the fellows nothing but discounted hotel stay on some weekends. If you're a political junkie and enjoy working on campaigns, there is no better opportunity to learn how campaigns operate.
    I'm happy for your pocketbook. Plenty of money and time involved in IOPL nonetheless.
    Was, is and should still be a non-issue.

6. I believe you've confused not having the support of some democrats who enjoy stalking me with the actual democratic party. I hadn't thought to ask for the local party's support given this is a nonpartisan race. The WCDP typically does not focus on municipality races when there are countywide races at hand like the WC school board elections.
    Regardless of the reasons behind it, I believe my statement is still correct : You are not supported by your own party, or any other. Perhaps I should clarify that I mean an official endorsement.

And Catherine, you may now add to my previous posting

-confronted an anonymous poster/District C voter regarding her identity.
    Please see my earlier response today to Don Frantz on party support, stalkers and my recent re-election to the SEC and precinct chair role. I appreciate the opportunity to answer these allegations and dispute the opposition's rumors.

CatherineE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jdcasey View Post
    I just returned from a meeting with PVB & SJ Patel at the Panera. We had Egghead-Salad Sandwiches with a side of Centipedes.

They are confident Catherine will follow up the statement posted by Ireland (wait -- isn't Ireland actually Catherine) and will address the request for information from Mr. Daily.

Of course, over 100+ Democratic Activists & Elected Officials recieved the email from Catherine insisting they leave the Democratic Party because of Barack Obama winning the Presidential Primary. Just ask one of them.

Unfortunately, knowing Cary GOPers -- this will only gain favor.
    Probably. FYI...PVB is on vacation out of state. But thank you, Joanne Casey, for making your non-support quite evident by posting on this thread. Every candidate whose campaign you've worked on and supported has lost their election. I'm feeling renewed energy. For that I thank you.

Well Catherine -- that is the life of being a Democratic Volunteer -- you win some, you lose some. Enjoy being a candidate and all that the experience brings you.

Given the debate that you'd like to have, I think you are missing the point of my post Catherine. I was expressing that you have a very shaky start to a campaign, I only see one viable candidate and providing my analysis as to why.

You have made many missteps, IMO, that will be damaging to you in the race. I have listed them. The circumstances surrounding them are what you would like to argue, and I'm done with that.

These are the facts that contribute to my analysis.

1. You have stated repeatedly that the Mayor called you.
    2. That statement has not been verified by a third party.
    3. The mayor does not endorse you.
    4. You don't have your party's official support.
    5. You did not have a reply ready for voters on their #1 issue on the day you filed.
    6. You replied with sarcasm to MattD.
    7. You went to IOPL.
    8. You expressed surprise at your filing.

I don't care to discuss red herrings like a candidate who is not in the race anymore and "well why didn't you post xyz," What Ruth did, which name you used, what Chris says, blah blah blah. That's not my gig.

Which fact is incorrect? (I have provided numbers so that you may refer to them with brevity)
    Last edited by Belle; 07-21-2009 at 11:09 PM.
    Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for. ~Will Rogers
    Whatever you are, be a good one. -Abe Lincoln

CatherineE Guest

Given the debate that you'd like to have, I think you are missing the point of my post Catherine. I was expressing that you have a very shaky start to a campaign, I only see one viable candidate and providing my analysis as to why.

You have made many missteps, IMO, that will be damaging to you in the race. I have listed them. The circumstances surrounding them are what you would like to argue, and I'm done with that.

These are the facts that contribute to my analysis.

1. You have stated repeatedly that the Mayor called you.
    2. That statement has not been verified by a third party.
    3. The mayor does not endorse you.
    4. You don't have your party's official support.
    5. You did not have a reply ready for voters on their #1 issue on the day you filed.
    6. You replied with sarcasm to MattD.
    7. You went to IOPL.
    8. You expressed surprise at your filing.

I don't care to discuss red herrings like a candidate who is not in the race anymore and "well why didn't you post xyz," What Ruth did, which name you used, what Chris says, blah blah blah. That's not my gig.

Which fact is incorrect? (I have provided numbers so that you may refer to them with brevity)
    Belle/Michelle,
    I can appreciate you supporting your party's candidates but your frustration appears to be over my responses to include all the relevant facts which illustrate holes in your argument and point out non-issues. Until John Harvilla files papers with the WC Board of elections to officially withdraw, he's still very much a part of the discussion.

1. CORRECT.
    2. INCORRECT. It has been verified several times, it's just not been posted. We both know if he had denied it, it would have been posted on CP immediately.
    3. CORRECT. The mayor is not endorsing 8 of the 9 candidates except the lone democrat incumbent. Jack Smith, John Harvilla, Cindy Sinkez, Lori Bush, Terry Thorne, Philip Scarsella and Jennifer Robinson also do not have the mayor's public endorsement.
    4. INCORRECT. The WCDP has not issued endorsements at this time concerning the Cary municipal election. Jack Nichols called me this evening and said he supports all Cary democrats running against republicans. Your own party just held their endorsement meeting last night. Please allow the democratic county party the opportunity to do the same.
    5. CORRECT.
    6. CORRECT.
    7. CORRECT.
    8. INCORRECT. I expressed surprise at being asked to run months earlier. The only thing that surprised me on filing day was Harvilla's filing because he's a republican challenging a republican incumbent, a repeat of the 2004 election.

Hope that clears up your confusion.

CatherineE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by C. Daily View Post
    Okay – so we know politicians are trained on how to reply without really making a reply but you take the cake on this issue. I agree with others on CP that you should have your position on issues ready before you file for office. But since you can’t answer the question that started this thread “how growth has or will affect our quality of life?then answer the question that was asked back in December of 2008 by IrelandCatherine Evangelista promised an explanation about why she was removed from elected office as the Cary vice chair.” Maybe you would like to respond to Belle since she makes some valid points or just ignore it as you usually do when you get cornered. None of this or your past will go away.
    If you choose to answer or ask a question do it under your own name not Sj Patel, S Patel, KDfurnish, Egghead(?), Woptido, R Singh, Get a clue, T Boyd, Michelle S, Ann S, or the well known Paul V Buitenen.
    BTW your party is active in non-partisan races or did Gene Messick not bring you up to speed. Is Wade Cooper your campaign manager?
    C.Daily, you sound exactly like a certain poo-flinging blog-stalker (PFB) who I no longer respond to due to his abusive rantings. My congratulations, though, if you are someone entirely different. Unfortunately, until you prove you're not PFB this will be my last response to you.

C.Daily, you sound exactly like a certain poo-flinging blog-stalker (PFB) who I no longer respond to due to his abusive rantings. My congratulations, though, if you are someone entirely different. Unfortunately, until you prove you're not PFB this will be my last response to you.
    I don't know or care who the "poo-flinging blog-stalker" is but maybe PFB and PVB are out of state in your mind. As for abusive rantings you win the award. As I said in my original post ”just ignore it as you usually do when you get cornered. None of this or your past will go away.“ and your response proves my point . "Unfortunately, until you prove you're not PFB this will be my last response to you." I don’t have to prove anything, you have proven who and what you are by evading the questions.