Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Cary - District "C"

MattD is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Default Re: Cary - Distict "C"

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineE View Post
    Belle, thank you for the reminder. I will be responding on the growth question as soon as I finish a little more research here in Cary. Once I've got all my facts in order I will definitely be responding to the question in detail. Hope you'll bear with me. Stay tuned.
    Ya, this one's a toughie. Be critical of Cary's growth management and your criticizing your fellow Democrats on council - Say Cary's growth rate is just right and you've praised your opponent. Most politicians in this predicament would avoid answering the question and instead ramble off topic about how growth should pay for itself - making sure to use catch phrases like "sustainable", "smart growth", and possibly "green".
    From a political campaign perspective (oh boy, here I go again... ) - this one isn't so hard to answer regarding criticizing the Dems.

State something like:
    "While quality growth is important, we cannot afford to go back to the days when Ernie McAllister and Michael Joyce (sorry Mike!!) slashed permit fees. Thankfully, with the election of Mayor Weinbrecht, Erv Portman and Gail Adcock, working hard with Julie Robison, we can bring Cary back to the common sense days of quality growth." (this could be much better - it was just off the top of my head)

Dang - I should get paid for some of this stuff!!
    Matt Danielson

"Wisdom trumps fear" - Matthew Danielson

"Too often we… enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

Don is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by MattD View Post
    Belle, thank you for the reminder. I will be responding on the growth question as soon as I finish a little more research here in Cary. Once I've got all my facts in order I will definitely be responding to the question in detail. Hope you'll bear with me. Stay tuned.
    Ya, this one's a toughie. Be critical of Cary's growth management and your criticizing your fellow Democrats on council - Say Cary's growth rate is just right and you've praised your opponent. Most politicians in this predicament would avoid answering the question and instead ramble off topic about how growth should pay for itself - making sure to use catch phrases like "sustainable", "smart growth", and possibly "green".
    From a political campaign perspective (oh boy, here I go again... ) - this one isn't so hard to answer regarding criticizing the Dems.

State something like:
    "While quality growth is important, we cannot afford to go back to the days when Ernie McAllister and Michael Joyce (sorry Mike!!) slashed permit fees. Thankfully, with the election of Mayor Weinbrecht, Erv Portman and Gail Adcock, working hard with Julie Robison, we can bring Cary back to the common sense days of quality growth." (this could be much better - it was just off the top of my head)

Dang - I should get paid for some of this stuff!!
    Huh??? Harold, Gale, Erv and Julie are already on council. Are you saying that Catherine should imply that unless we elect her we WILL go back to the days of old?

But since you are providing free campaign advice:
    Catherine has already been critical of Julie in a previous post. Should she continue to criticize Julie (along with Jack and Jennifer) or cease any criticisms of council on the chance that it may hurt a fellow dem?
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VVActivist View Post
    Seems to me not too much speculation is in order. Catherine states once in her original post that the mayor called to ask her to run. And in two subsquent posts reiterates this stating "He asked me several months ago...", and "He called to ask me...". Seems pretty straight forward to me. Catherine states that the mayor called her and asked her to run for District C. What am I missing here?

~karen

One wonders what the Mayor says - did he call her and ask her to run for District C? Or did he just ask her if she was running - maybe we can find out on "You Tube"?
    According to Catherine at least 5 times in this thread she states the mayor ASKED HER TO RUN. Not asked IF she was running. I understand what you are saying very clearly. I would assume that Catherine would not state this if it were not truthful. She has had ample opprotunity to correct herself if indeed this were NOT the case, ie the mayor ASKING her to run.

Catherine,

John Shaw posted a question regarding growth in this thread. I would very much like your thoughts on this matter.

Thanks,
    ~karen

Catherine, it was a few posts ago, but there's your opportunity to move on. Several of us are interested in a reply to this question about growth. I am in District C, and I would like to hear from you on this.
    What??? You want to be my representative for District C, and you can't give one fact off the top of your head how growth has or will affect our quality of life? Are you really that clueless?

CatherineE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ncary42long View Post
    Catherine,John Shaw posted a question regarding growth in this thread. I would very much like your thoughts on this matter.

Thanks,
    ~karen

Catherine, it was a few posts ago, but there's your opportunity to move on. Several of us are interested in a reply to this question about growth. I am in District C, and I would like to hear from you on this.
    What??? You want to be my representative for District C, and you can't give one fact off the top of your head how growth has or will affect our quality of life? Are you really that clueless?
    Ruth, I believe the question posed asked for my position on Cary's growth which is forthcoming shortly. The filing just closed Friday and I'm working on crafting my message right now. But if you're looking for factoids, let me share this with you. Cary's population is still growing rapidly, (4.9% between July 1st, 2008 and July 1st, 2009 ) to 135,955 people. The significant drop in Cary's building permits isn't about growth being stifled but rather the recession's effect. What I can tell you is as long as the infrastructure is there, I'm very supportive of growth. As our mayor has said, we need to keep growth balanced.

I hope this helps answer your question. Stay tuned.

CatherineE Guest

Don F., how/ when was I critical of Julie? Please refresh my memory.

Just saw this on Twitter from the GOP Executive Meeting going on tonight, looks like Catherine's job just got a little more difficult:

"@WakeGOP Now hearing from Cary Town Council Candidates. There are a number of Republicans running. JHarvilla dropped out due to family issues."
    Last edited by Belle; 07-20-2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: clarity
    Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for. ~Will Rogers
    Whatever you are, be a good one. -Abe Lincoln

Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Don F., how/ when was I critical of Julie? Please refresh my memory.
    from here: http://carypolitics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4132

Cary's previous administration refused to recognize Cary's growth rate was nearly double what was "self-reported." This refusal to see the town's true growth trajectory resulted in the previous administration's inability to properly address the increasing demand on existing infrastructure and the required budget increases needed to address the new infrastructure costs that come with a rapidly expanding population.
    Obviously, Cary has changed tremendously over the past 20-30 years. Change can be for the better. We saw that proven in our last mayoral election. So I have to ask why anyone would push to keep the status quo when the municipality's filing period for new candidates is still a week away. There's no need to fear change.

Now how long has Julie been on council again? What administration does she get credit for? And why are Jennifer and Jack part of it but Julie isn't? Or are Jennifer and Julie good but Jack bad? It wasn't clear. Is Marla to blame also? What about Mike?
    Don

Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Just saw this on Twitter from the GOP Executive Meeting going on tonight, looks like Catherine's job just got a little more difficult:

"@WakeGOP Now hearing from Cary Town Council Candidates. There are a number of Republicans running. JHarvilla dropped out due to family issues."
    Yes. John Harvilla has withdrawn from the race due to personal reasons. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.
    Don

Brent is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    3-Star Forum General

Now how long has Julie been on council again? What administration does she get credit for? And why are Jennifer and Jack part of it but Julie isn't? Or are Jennifer and Julie good but Jack bad? It wasn't clear. Is Marla to blame also? What about Mike?
    I blame Frank Page.
    Last edited by Brent; 07-21-2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Fix quoted material
    - Brent Miller

"The job of a citizen is to keep his mouth open" -- Gunter Grass

kellyc is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I blame Frank Page.

I blame Brent Miller
    The one, the only---- KellyC

99% of the population cannot lick their own elbow.