Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Cary - District "C"

CatherineE Guest

Default Re: Cary - Distict "C"

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Then you might want to be a little more specific the next time you are critical of "council" or an "administration". As a candidate for public office your words will be scrutinized and may even be used against you. You do however have the right to remain silent.
    You remind me of another republican on the town council who has admonished people for speaking ill of the council's actions.

I don't have a problem with my words being scrutinized, but I do when someone twists them to distort the truth particularly for partisan purposes. Thanks for the advice, Don.

Don is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

You say this:
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineE View Post
    I hope to see partisan politics take a back seat in this election so that we may focus on the needs of Cary residents first.
    then follow it up with this???:
    You remind me of another republican on the town council who has admonished people for speaking ill of the council's actions.
    Hilarious.
    Don

Catherine-
    Thank you for your private message requesting that I disclose my identity.
    That information was contained in a previous thread but I am happy to provide it again.
    Glad to stand behind my words.

Michelle Muir
    Last edited by Belle; 07-21-2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: just like to for fun
    Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for. ~Will Rogers
    Whatever you are, be a good one. -Abe Lincoln

Laurie is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    In Jack we have a council representative who
    can be trusted at his word
    *cough*cough* Have you read his e-mail?

who is even-tempered
    Again, have you read his e-mail?

fully up to speed on issues in Cary,
    Debatable

and puts the interests of citizens ahead of all.
    Um, no.
    "You don't have power if you surrender all your principles - you have office." Ron Todd

Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

1. Why don't you call the mayor to verify instead of making an allegation? The mayor called me yesterday and said several others have called him about asking me to run and those same folks have neglected to mention his response. If you do/did call him, please let us know what he tells you.
    I spoke to the Mayor. Do you REALLY want me to post here for everyone to read what he told me? I have thus far hesitated on doing so out of respect for the mayor's wishes not to be brought into this race.

6. I believe you've confused not having the support of some democrats who enjoy stalking me with the actual democratic party. I hadn't thought to ask for the local party's support given this is a nonpartisan race. The WCDP typically does not focus on municipality races when there are countywide races at hand like the WC school board elections.
    Anyone who knows anything about local politics in Wake County these days knows this statement couldn't be farther from the truth. You - a democratic party official - hadn't thought about asking your party for help???? LOL.....
    Don

Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Catherine-
    Thank you for your private message requesting that I disclose my identity.
    That information was contained in a previous thread but I am happy to provide it again.
    Glad to stand behind my words.

Michelle Muir
    Unlike others who use fake names on multiple websites to have a conversation with themselves....
    Don

Belle:
    1. Why don't you call the mayor to verify instead of making an allegation? The mayor called me yesterday and said several others have called him about asking me to run and those same folks have neglected to mention his response. If you do/did call him, please let us know what he tells you.
    Why would I do that? He's a busy man, too busy to enjoy dealing with all this mess you've put upon him. I didn't make any particular allegation, I said that you claim he recruited you but it is unverified. That is a FACT.

2. Why did I wait to file? I already answered that on CP. What was John Harvilla's reason for filing two hours before the deadline? Did you post that info yet?
    Yes you did, for those who missed it, you wanted to see if any other Dems got in the race. Again, if you were the Mayor's recruit, why would anyone else have stepped up? When did he call? Friday morning?
    John H. is a moot point.

3. You missed my point to Matt who usually posts insightful information instead of stating the obvious. BTW, MattD lives in Dist. A. I'm running in Dist. C.
    You were sarcastic in your reply. FACT he is a voter in the upcoming election, regardless of which district he is in. Just not your voter. BTW I live in Dist. C. So, that may qualify me as a voter in your book. In fact, I am extremely motivated to protect the District from unqualified candidates. You may sense my passion in this exchange.

4. I did make my position on growth clear and promised to provide more details soon given the campaign has just started. How is that a problem?
    It's actually more scary to me that you don't see this as a problem.

It's a problem because you didn't review your skillset against the issues to see if you actually have anything to contribute before you filed. It's a problem because if you don't know the issues in District C, it's because you haven't paid attention. Not paying attention is a problem.

Who in District C needs to study to figure out Wellington has a stormwater problem, or that growth along the Piney Plains corridor must be managed with meticulous oversight, or that we have roads issues in Crossroads? Who in Cary goes into a political race not ready to give an answer on growth?

5. You're quite wrong. I haven't spent "beaucoups" of money on running. The NC IOPL is a fellowship funded by a grant and costing the fellows nothing but discounted hotel stay on some weekends. If you're a political junkie and enjoy working on campaigns, there is no better opportunity to learn how campaigns operate.
    I'm happy for your pocketbook. Plenty of money and time involved in IOPL nonetheless.

6. I believe you've confused not having the support of some democrats who enjoy stalking me with the actual democratic party. I hadn't thought to ask for the local party's support given this is a nonpartisan race. The WCDP typically does not focus on municipality races when there are countywide races at hand like the WC school board elections.
    Regardless of the reasons behind it, I believe my statement is still correct : You are not supported by your own party, or any other. Perhaps I should clarify that I mean an official endorsement.

And Catherine, you may now add to my previous posting

-confronted an anonymous poster/District C voter regarding her identity.

May the best man win!
    Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for. ~Will Rogers
    Whatever you are, be a good one. -Abe Lincoln

CatherineE Guest

You say this:
    I hope to see partisan politics take a back seat in this election so that we may focus on the needs of Cary residents first.
    then follow it up with this???:
    Hilarious.
    Don, you got me! I really should ignore all your earlier partisan slams against democrats on this thread. Wouldn't be fair if I kept pointing it out when you do it, right?

Still, I wouldn't call it "hilarious" when that council member tried to shut up Cary residents for speaking their mind.

Okay – so we know politicians are trained on how to reply without really making a reply but you take the cake on this issue. I agree with others on CP that you should have your position on issues ready before you file for office. But since you can’t answer the question that started this thread “how growth has or will affect our quality of life?” then answer the question that was asked back in December of 2008 by Ireland “Catherine Evangelista promised an explanation about why she was removed from elected office as the Cary vice chairMaybe you would like to respond to Belle since she makes some valid points or just ignore it as you usually do when you get cornered. None of this or your past will go away.
    If you choose to answer or ask a question do it under your own name not Sj Patel, S Patel, KDfurnish, Egghead(?), Woptido, R Singh, Get a clue, T Boyd, Michelle S, Ann S, or the well known Paul V Buitenen.
    BTW your party is active in non-partisan races or did Gene Messick not bring you up to speed. Is Wade Cooper your campaign manager?

CatherineE Guest

I spoke to the Mayor. Do you REALLY want me to post here for everyone to read what he told me? I have thus far hesitated on doing so out of respect for the mayor's wishes not to be brought into this race.
    Yes, please.

Anyone who knows anything about local politics in Wake County these days knows this statement couldn't be farther from the truth. You - a democratic party official - hadn't thought about asking your party for help???? LOL.....
    Don, as you know, infighting and personal feuds exist in both parties but you go right on believing what you want to believe. Did you know I was re-elected to the State Executive Committee 3 months ago at the Wake County Democratic Party's convention and re-elected as a precinct officer in March? So apparently not everyone is buying the rumor you're peddling. I would caution you, though, to seek out a more balanced, credible party "source" than the guy the Cary police department had to counsel for making threats to me and stalking me on blogs. This association will hurt your credibility.