*cough*cough* Have you read his e-mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    who is even-tempered
    Again, have you read his e-mail?

fully up to speed on issues in Cary,
    Debatable

and puts the interests of citizens ahead of all.
    Um, no.
    Could someone please explain to those of us who haven't been here forever what his is referring to? The author says it was discussed here before I got here....but a Google search for "Jack Smith" and "email" withi domain "carypolitics.org" turns up nothing. At least give me the subject of the emails to use as a search term?
    "OMG - someone on the internet is WRONG!"

Charlie Board

Default Re: Cary - Distict "C"

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineE View Post
    Given the debate that you'd like to have, I think you are missing the point of my post Catherine. I was expressing that you have a very shaky start to a campaign, I only see one viable candidate and providing my analysis as to why.

You have made many missteps, IMO, that will be damaging to you in the race. I have listed them. The circumstances surrounding them are what you would like to argue, and I'm done with that.

These are the facts that contribute to my analysis.

1. You have stated repeatedly that the Mayor called you.
    2. That statement has not been verified by a third party.
    3. The mayor does not endorse you.
    4. You don't have your party's official support.
    5. You did not have a reply ready for voters on their #1 issue on the day you filed.
    6. You replied with sarcasm to MattD.
    7. You went to IOPL.
    8. You expressed surprise at your filing.

I don't care to discuss red herrings like a candidate who is not in the race anymore and "well why didn't you post xyz," What Ruth did, which name you used, what Chris says, blah blah blah. That's not my gig.

Which fact is incorrect? (I have provided numbers so that you may refer to them with brevity)
    Belle/Michelle,
    I can appreciate you supporting your party's candidates but your frustration appears to be over my responses to include all the relevant facts which illustrate holes in your argument and point out non-issues. Until John Harvilla files papers with the WC Board of elections to officially withdraw, he's still very much a part of the discussion.

1. CORRECT.
    2. INCORRECT. It has been verified several times, it's just not been posted. We both know if he had denied it, it would have been posted on CP immediately.
    3. CORRECT. The mayor is not endorsing 8 of the 9 candidates except the lone democrat incumbent. Jack Smith, John Harvilla, Cindy Sinkez, Lori Bush, Terry Thorne, Philip Scarsella and Jennifer Robinson also do not have the mayor's public endorsement.
    4. INCORRECT. The WCDP has not issued endorsements at this time concerning the Cary municipal election. Jack Nichols called me this evening and said he supports all Cary democrats running against republicans. Your own party just held their endorsement meeting last night. Please allow the democratic county party the opportunity to do the same.
    5. CORRECT.
    6. CORRECT.
    7. <font color="blue">CORRProxy-Connection: keep-alive Cache-Control: max-age=0 T.
    8. INCORRECT. I expressed surprise at being asked to run months earlier. The only thing that surprised me on filing day was Harvilla's filing because he's a republican challenging a republican incumbent, a repeat of the 2004 election.

Hope that clears up your confusion.
    Interesting that you sense frustration or confusion . . . . that's definitely a misread. I find that your previous replies failed to answer the central ideas, so I reformatted this to allow you to make a more clear response.

I will make amendments, based on your statement above.

2. That statement has not been verified by a third party in the forum.
    3b The mayor has offered to endorse one candidate.
    4. You don't currently have your party's official support.
    4b You might have the endorsement of your party after they meet, if they endorse in local races.

5. You did not have a reply ready for voters on their #1 issue on the day you filed.
    7. You went to IOPL.
    8. You had not planned on filing until the mayor called personally to ask.
    9. You believe a candidate who has publicly stated he is withdrawing from the race is relevant to a discussion of this race.

That about got it?
    Last edited by Belle; 07-22-2009 at 09:27 AM. Reason: I don't know y, it was missing a y

Quote Originally Posted by C. Daily View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineE View Post
    C.Daily, you sound exactly like a certain poo-flinging blog-stalker (PFB) who I no longer respond to due to his abusive rantings. My congratulations, though, if you are someone entirely different. Unfortunately, until you prove you're not PFB this will be my last response to you.
    I don't know or care who the "poo-flinging blog-stalker" is but maybe PFB and PVB are out of state in your mind. As for abusive rantings you win the award. As I said in my original post ”just ignore it as you usually do when you get cornered. None of this or your past will go away.“ and your response proves my point . "Unfortunately, until you prove you're not PFB this will be my last response to you." I don’t have to prove anything, you have proven who and what you are by evading the questions.
    You think I "sound" like C.Daily? On the blogs I don't make a "sound" - I make "statements".

And I don't write at all like C.Daily does. Both C.Daily and I have been on CP at exactly the same time - or does that fit into your "war-driving" conspiracy theory?

I am not C.Daily. I do not blog on CP under multiple screen names per site - unlike some people on here. It's time to ask the candidate a tough question: Catherine - do you use more than one identity per site on sites like Cary Politics, BlueNC, or even MeetUp ?

If you are going to be consistent, wouldn't "poo-flinging blog-stalker" be PFBS not PFB?

And what should I call your friend SJ Patel (you know, your imaginary "flirt-flinging blog-stalker") - FFBS? No - I will just call her (you) Sockey J. Puppet.

Now that you are a candidate, I am sure you will be able to drag out all your supporters like Sj Patel, S Patel, KDfurnish, Egghead(?), Woptido, R Singh, Get a clue, T Boyd, Michelle S, Ann S, or the well known Paul V Buitenen to appear with you on the campaign trail to stump for you. Get your campaign manager to help you round them up!

Or are they already with you wherever you go?

Chris Telesca
    Last edited by VVActivist; 07-22-2009 at 07:48 AM. Reason: for clarity

Oh so you are the PFB. Thanks for clearing that up for me because she won't answer any of the questions that Belle is asking which I think are important but maybe now since she knows I am not you she might answer the December of 2008 by Ireland Catherine Evangelista promised an explanation about why she was removed from elected office as the Cary vice chair.” And as for "Jack Nichols called me this evening and said he supports all Cary democrats running against republicans." I am sure he does ( give me a break he is the democratic county chair) but in view of her style of throwing out names you must question who called who first. Keep dodging the questions Catherine with less than intelligent answers. I am sure Jack Smith has done his research before he filed for office and as I said before "ignore it as you usually do when you get cornered. None of this or your past will go away" either on CP or in public if you are lucky enough for Jack Smith to debate you.
    Last edited by C. Daily; 07-22-2009 at 08:19 AM. Reason: correction

MattD is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

For all the candidates running for office:

Like most municipalities, the Town of Cary is in a budget crunch. I am sure current Council and staff have cut out most (all?) of the fat in the budget. With the economy still down, what are your top three budget priorities and how will the town pay for them?

Thank you - Matthew Danielson
    Last edited by MattD; 07-22-2009 at 09:45 AM.
    Matt Danielson

"Wisdom trumps fear" - Matthew Danielson

"Too often we… enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

dhyatt is offline Super Moderator Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General

I want to bring this thread back down to earth. Party infighting doesn't really help anybody because the fight becomes (as we've seen here) about personalities instead of issues. I'm sure Mayor Weinbrecht has more important issues to deal with than sorting out squabbles on CP and he has stated in his blog his position on endorsements. I'm sure the apparently conflicting assertions will get sorted out in due time and I see little reason for 3rd person speculation over who said what when and their meaning behind it.

Moving on to aliases.

There is a difference between having a single id which may different from your real name and having multiple accounts under which multiple posts are made, trying to give the impression of broader support for a position, when, in fact, there is only one person behind them all. There are instances where aliases and anonymity can be useful but not when the discussion devolves into a schoolyard game of which alias belongs to whom.

To that end, I am putting a new rule in effect immediately that will last for at least the duration of the campaign.

All posts must be signed using your real name.
    This can be done very easily by simply updating your profile and adding your real name as a signature.

If you have information you wish to share with the community and you're uncomfortable having your name associated with out of fear of some kind of retribution, then send it to me via PM or email and I will review it for possible posting using the classic "source who wishes to remain anonymous" journalistic clause. Please be advised that I will make every effort to independently verify any information sent and that I will immediately reject material when I can't identify the source.
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

Laurie is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by chaboard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    In Jack we have a council representative who
    can be trusted at his word
    *cough*cough* Have you read his e-mail?

who is even-tempered
    Again, have you read his e-mail?

fully up to speed on issues in Cary,
    Debatable

and puts the interests of citizens ahead of all.
    Um, no.
    Could someone please explain to those of us who haven't been here forever what his is referring to? The author says it was discussed here before I got here....but a Google search for "Jack Smith" and "email" withi domain "carypolitics.org" turns up nothing. At least give me the subject of the emails to use as a search term?
    I tried using the search on CP and absolutely nothing happenned. Is it working? Anyway, here are 2 posts -

http://carypolitics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=858
    http://carypolitics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=647

Can't find the SRO thread.

(still) Laurie
    "You don't have power if you surrender all your principles - you have office." Ron Todd

dhyatt is offline Super Moderator Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General

[snip]
    I tried using the search on CP and absolutely nothing happened. Is it working? Anyway, here are 2 posts -

http://carypolitics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=858
    http://carypolitics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=647

Can't find the SRO thread.

(still) Laurie
    I searched for the term 'SRO' using the search on the site homepage as well as the search on the forums homepage and there were plenty of results returned. The search on the site homepage can take about 30 secs so maybe it timed out on you.
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

chaboard is offline Verified Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Thanks Laurie....looks like I have some interesting reading ahead.
    "OMG - someone on the internet is WRONG!"

Charlie Board

CatherineE Guest

Interesting that you sense frustration or confusion . . . . that's definitely a misread. I find that your previous replies failed to answer the central ideas, so I reformatted this to allow you to make a more clear response.

I will make amendments, based on your statement above.

2. That statement has not been verified by a third party in the forum.
    3b The mayor has offered to endorse one candidate.
    4. You don't currently have your party's official support.
    4b You might have the endorsement of your party after they meet, if they endorse in local races.

7. You went to IOPL.
    8. You had not planned on filing until the mayor called personally to ask.
    9. You believe a candidate who has publicly stated he is withdrawing from the race is relevant to a discussion of this race.

That about got it?
    Michelle, your recent revisions to my statements give a misleading impression of my candidacy. I've added in relevant facts for the sake of full disclosure and accuracy:

1. You have stated repeatedly that the Mayor called you to run for Dist. C.
    2. Third-party verification of that statement has not been posted on carypolitics.org.
    3. The mayor has offered to endorsed the At-large incumbent only and does not intend to endorse 8 of the 9 candidates seeking seats on the town council including two 2 other incumbents.
    4. Endorsements by the Wake County Democratic party have yet to be determined.
    7. You are an IOPL fellow.
    8. You filed to run in Dist.C after party recruitment efforts failed to find a challenger to the incumbent.
    9. You believe a candidate who has not officially filed to withdraw from the race is still relevant.

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify. I think we've sufficiently covered these point and would appreciate moving forward to new topics in the thread.