Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: NC House District 41

CatherineE Guest

Default Re: NC House District 41

Gale would be an asset no matter where she serves. When I recruited her to consider running for council she expressed originally that her interest was to serve in the NC Legislature to work on health-related issues facing our fellow North Carolinians. This is not an attempt to move up but to serve a greater number of residents.

I will miss her greatly on the council as she's had a tempering affect on some folks. Those precinct folks are going to be busy voting on this soon and then again on a new council replacement.
    Last edited by CatherineE; 09-24-2009 at 09:25 AM. Reason: fix smilie

MattD is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineE View Post
    Gale would be an asset no matter where she serves. When I recruited her to consider running for council she expressed originally that her interest was to serve in the NC Legislature to work on health-related issues facing our fellow North Carolinians. This is not an attempt to move up but to serve a greater number of residents.

I will miss her greatly on the council as she's had a tempering affect on some folks. Those precinct folks are going to be busy voting on this soon and then again on a new council replacement.
    I believe Town Council is responsible for filling in vacancy.
    Matt Danielson

"Wisdom trumps fear" - Matthew Danielson

"Too often we… enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

Needs to be a fact check on this one claim. In talking with others in Cary that were around when Gale decided to run your claim of recruiting her may be inflated. Matt may remember.
    Last edited by C. Daily; 09-24-2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: add

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by MattD View Post

I believe Town Council is responsible for filling in vacancy.
    Can you check on how the vacancy is filled?

kellyc is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Vacancies are filled by council appointment. Maybe we could get Marla back!
    The one, the only---- KellyC

99% of the population cannot lick their own elbow.

CatherineE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by C. Daily View Post

Needs to be a fact check on this one claim. In talking with others in Cary that were around when Gale decided to run your claim of recruiting her may be inflated. Matt may remember.
    I highly doubt Matt would have been attending the Democratic Women of Wake County's board retreat meeting. Why don't you ask Gale? That's where I first asked her to consider running and shortly thereafter provided her with quite a bit of data analysis to prove to her she could win. I believe the others who attended the "election intervention" meeting where we all met with her can vouch that I brought her name to the forefront on the District D strategy meetings. Matt didn't attend those meetings but others on this board did. Matt should recall my efforts to recruit him to run for school board during that same time.

C.Daily, after the election I would be happy to meet with you and better understand your need to lob negative comments and innuendoes my way as you have obviously been keeping company with some who prefer to misinform.

I've reached out to you before. Still waiting to understand your efforts to attack from behind a fake name.

CatherineE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kellyc View Post
    Vacancies are filled by council appointment. Maybe we could get Marla back!
    I had the very same thought! But perhaps she'd be in it only temporarily. I believe she might give Nelson Dollar a very good run for the money!

CatherineE Guest

Forgot to mention earlier that Gale asked me to accompany her when she filed to run for council. I took plenty of great photos of her meeting with Sue Rowland, the town clerk. If you'd like to see them, please send me your private email address.

I highly doubt Matt would have been attending the Democratic Women of Wake County's board retreat meeting. Why don't you ask Gale? That's where I first asked her to consider running and shortly thereafter provided her with quite a bit of data analysis to prove to her she could win. I believe the others who attended the "election intervention" meeting where we all met with her can vouch that I brought her name to the forefront on the District D strategy meetings. Matt didn't attend those meetings but others on this board did. Matt should recall my efforts to recruit him to run for school board during that same time.

C.Daily, after the election I would be happy to meet with you and better understand your need to lob negative comments and innuendoes my way as you have obviously been keeping company with some who prefer to misinform.

I've reached out to you before. Still waiting to understand your efforts to attack from behind a fake name.
    The retreat or "election intervention" is your story so stick to it. Matt may not want to get drawn in on this harangue of yours.

As for meeting you, no thanks. The only email contact I had with you went south fast when you did not get what you wanted so I blocked you. I don't care for your style of backstabbing.

Forgot to mention earlier that Gale asked me to accompany her when she filed to run for council. I took plenty of great photos of her meeting with Sue Rowland, the town clerk. If you'd like to see them, please send me your private email address.
    Maybe you should post those on your campaign website. NO WAY would I hand out my private email address and no one else should either.
    Last edited by dhyatt; 09-24-2009 at 10:48 AM.