Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 114

Thread: NC House District 41

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    dhyatt's Avatar
    dhyatt is offline Super Moderator Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    4,743

    Default NC House District 41

    It's being reported that our very own MattD & johnshaw have expressed in filling the District 41 seat formerly held by Ty Harrell who resigned under pressure recently. CP offers congrats and wishes them both luck.

    If news reports are correct, CP notes with some concern that Cary District 'D' Councilor Gale Adcock is also in the mix. In office less than two years and looking to 'move up' makes us question Ms. Adcock's commitment to her constituents.
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    Posts
    84

    Default Re: NC House District 41

    Don --

    I am very surprised by your comments regarding Gale Adcock.

    You normally give good balance to the left - however - this time I think you are poorly framing the situation. Gale Adcock would continue to serve constituents in a different capacity. Her ability to work with both Dems & Reps plus her indepth knowledge of both local & healthcare issues (being that we are now missing representation in that area) are all positives.

    She would not be "abandoning" her constituents - unlike the former Alaska Governor.

    I hope to see you Thursday night --

    JC

  3. #3
    dhyatt's Avatar
    dhyatt is offline Super Moderator Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    4,743

    Default Re: NC House District 41

    Quote Originally Posted by jdcasey View Post
    Don --

    I am very surprised by your comments regarding Gale Adcock.

    You normally give good balance to the left - however - this time I think you are poorly framing the situation. Gale Adcock would continue to serve constituents in a different capacity. Her ability to work with both Dems & Reps plus her indepth knowledge of both local & healthcare issues (being that we are now missing representation in that area) are all positives.

    She would not be "abandoning" her constituents - unlike the former Alaska Governor.

    I hope to see you Thursday night --

    JC
    By that reasoning, it seems you would support the aforementioned Alaska Governor if she chose to run for the Presidency in 2012
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

  4. #4
    kellyc's Avatar
    kellyc is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,881

    Default Re: NC House District 41

    I think Gale would be horrible for NC House. She is smart, honest, ethical and not a crook. Why lose a really good council member to the insanity of the NC House!
    Last edited by kellyc; 09-23-2009 at 01:27 PM.
    The one, the only---- KellyC

    99% of the population cannot lick their own elbow.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: NC House District 41

    Quote Originally Posted by kellyc View Post
    I think Gale would be horrible for NC House. She is smart, honest, ethical and not a crook. Why lose a really good council member to the insanity of the NC House!
    You may have a point there! As a matter of fact, I think I'll award you the "Debate Point of the Day!"
    Last edited by kellyc; 09-23-2009 at 01:28 PM.
    Don Hyatt
    CP Site Admin ID

  6. #6
    Don's Avatar
    Don is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Why do you need to know?
    Posts
    1,621

    Default Re: NC House District 41

    I agree with jdcasey. Gale would continue to serve her constituents as a member of the house if selected. I wish her, and all the other applicants for that matter the best of luck.

    Personally, and selfishly I might add, I hope that Gale is not selected to replace Ty Harrell.

    As a member of the council Gale has earned a reputation for being fair, open minded, and a voice of reason. She comes prepared to meetings, does her homework, and listens. She treats citizens, business owners and town staff with the respect they deserve. She never takes anything personal and can agree to disagree. She articulates her thoughts well and doesn't speak just for the sake of hearing herself speak (I wish others could do the same). Gale truly cares about the quality of life in Cary and that of our region, and works hard to improve it. Gale also has this uncanny gift of making folks feel comfortable - no matter what the situation may be. While we may not agree on every matter that comes before the council, I know without a doubt that Gale votes her conscience and that her heart is in the right place.

    I truly enjoy serving with Gale Adcock and will genuinely miss her if she is selected to replace Ty Harrell.
    Don

  7. #7
    MattD is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,881

    Default Re: NC House District 41

    Hello ... I may be out of town but I'm still here!
    Matt Danielson

    "Wisdom trumps fear" - Matthew Danielson

    "Too often we… enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

  8. #8
    dhyatt's Avatar
    dhyatt is offline Super Moderator Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    4,743

    Default Re: NC House District 41

    Quote Originally Posted by MattD View Post
    Hello ... I may be out of town but I'm still here!
    Did somebody say something? Hey! You guys hear anything????

    All in good fun. FWIW - I'd rather keep Gale and have you or John wear the bowtie.
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    239

    Default Re: NC House District 41

    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I agree with jdcasey. Gale would continue to serve her constituents as a member of the house if selected. I wish her, and all the other applicants for that matter the best of luck.

    Personally, and selfishly I might add, I hope that Gale is not selected to replace Ty Harrell.

    As a member of the council Gale has earned a reputation for being fair, open minded, and a voice of reason. She comes prepared to meetings, does her homework, and listens. She treats citizens, business owners and town staff with the respect they deserve. She never takes anything personal and can agree to disagree. She articulates her thoughts well and doesn't speak just for the sake of hearing herself speak (I wish others could do the same). Gale truly cares about the quality of life in Cary and that of our region, and works hard to improve it. Gale also has this uncanny gift of making folks feel comfortable - no matter what the situation may be. While we may not agree on every matter that comes before the council, I know without a doubt that Gale votes her conscience and that her heart is in the right place.

    I truly enjoy serving with Gale Adcock and will genuinely miss her if she is selected to replace Ty Harrell.
    So you are against the Wake Dems picking her for purely selfish reasons?

    This is a perfect example of what public service should be about - working with others to make the quality of life better. With little to no drama.
    Last edited by VVActivist; 09-23-2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: clarity
    Chris Telesca - here is my sig: "I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government in a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country." -- Thomas Jefferson

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: NC House District 41

    Hello, my name is Janet Schanzenbach and I have also submitted my name for consideration for Ty's seat.

    I have a strong background and will work hard to represent you in the House. I have worked in the field of human services field since 1990 as a non-profit executive director and a lobbyist. Before that I was a fund raiser and Director of Communications for the American Heart Association. I currently have my own consulting firm that would enable me to commit the time necessary to serve you.
    I have a strong lobbying background which would allow me to hit the ground running. One of my greatest personal achievements in the legislature was the passage of the NC Health Coverage for Workers with Disabilities Act in 2005. This bill allows individuals with disabilities to work and purchase their public insurance (Medicaid) on a sliding fee scale. For the past fifteen years I have developed a working knowledge of the NC General Assembly and the budget process.


    I would be happy to meet with anyone interested in talking about my qualifications.


Similar Threads

  1. Eric Weaver Announces District 35 House Candidacy
    By Eric_M_Weaver_Sr in forum Raleigh & Wake Elections
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 02:12 PM
  2. White House missing emails at very convenient times
    By Caryatid in forum National Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 11:02 AM
  3. Apex's Gossage to Seek District 41 House Seat
    By dhyatt in forum 2008 NC Elections
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 08:07 PM
  4. Censuring a President
    By Greg in forum National Issues
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 04-17-2006, 12:34 AM
  5. Buying property next to a Park?
    By Cathy in forum Local Issues
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 12:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •