Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: NC House District 41

dhyatt is offline Super Moderator Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General

Default Re: NC House District 41

I have it on good authority that Catherine asked Ms. Adcock "if she had ever considered running for office" and that Catherine was 1 of 8 that interviewed and answered questions for Ms. Adcock, leading to Ms. Adock's decision to run for CTC in 2007. It's also true that Catherine accompanied Ms. Adcock and took pictures during filing.
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

MattD is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineE View Post
    I highly doubt Matt would have been attending the Democratic Women of Wake County's board retreat meeting. Why don't you ask Gale? That's where I first asked her to consider running and shortly thereafter provided her with quite a bit of data analysis to prove to her she could win. I believe the others who attended the "election intervention" meeting where we all met with her can vouch that I brought her name to the forefront on the District D strategy meetings. Matt didn't attend those meetings but others on this board did. Matt should recall my efforts to recruit him to run for school board during that same time..
    Catherine is correct that I was not at the Dem Women of Wake County's board retreat meeting. Also, Catherine is correct that we had discussion about me running for school board and other Dems in the area that would be good candidates. As the Cary Vice Chair, part of Catherine's duties were to be "king maker" and find viable candidates to run for office.
    Matt Danielson

"Wisdom trumps fear" - Matthew Danielson

"Too often we… enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

CatherineE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dhyatt View Post
    I have it on good authority that Catherine asked Ms. Adcock "if she had ever considered running for office" and that Catherine was 1 of 8 that interviewed and answered questions for Ms. Adcock, leading to Ms. Adock's decision to run for CTC in 2007. It's also true that Catherine accompanied Ms. Adcock and took pictures during filing.
    Thank you, Don for the faint but intelligible support. There's quite a bit more to it than you referenced but suffice to say I worked harder in support of her campaign than the others combined. Canvassing with her and her husband Kevin was fun and I learned a lot from watching Gale interacting with voters.

C.Daily obviously wants to keep hiding out rather than face the facts. Don, you verified this guy? Oh wait, never mind. Obviously CD's attacks only help Jack's campaign, right? Still, thanks again for the verification comment above.

Up in Alaska where I was raised, we don't consider it bragging or gossiping when telling the truth.

CatherineE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by C. Daily View Post
    Needs to be a fact check on this one claim. In talking with others in Cary that were around when Gale decided to run your claim of recruiting her may be inflated. Matt may remember.
    Forgot to mention earlier that Gale asked me to accompany her when she filed to run for council. I took plenty of great photos of her meeting with Sue Rowland, the town clerk. If you'd like to see them, please send me your private email address.
    Maybe you should post those on your campaign website. NO WAY would I hand out my private email address and no one else should either.
    So I'm guessing I won't be on your Christmas card list this year? Dang.

CatherineE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MattD View Post
    I highly doubt Matt would have been attending the Democratic Women of Wake County's board retreat meeting. Why don't you ask Gale? That's where I first asked her to consider running and shortly thereafter provided her with quite a bit of data analysis to prove to her she could win. I believe the others who attended the "election intervention" meeting where we all met with her can vouch that I brought her name to the forefront on the District D strategy meetings. Matt didn't attend those meetings but others on this board did. Matt should recall my efforts to recruit him to run for school board during that same time..
    Catherine is correct that I was not at the Dem Women of Wake County's board retreat meeting. Also, Catherine is correct that we had discussion about me running for school board and other Dems in the area that would be good candidates. As the Cary Vice Chair, part of Catherine's duties were to be "king maker" and find viable candidates to run for office.
    Thanks, Matt, for clarifying and confirmation. Recognizing great talent and viability is way more fun than seeking office yourself, trust me on this one. Gale was ideal as a candidate and even better as an elected public servant. In her case, she just needed to be asked.
    Last edited by CatherineE; 09-24-2009 at 12:14 PM.

Thanks Don. There is a difference in asking someone if they have ever considered running for office and recruiting them to run for office. Being 1 of 8 would appear to be a group effort. In Alaska aerial killing is considered hunting so I guess if you are from Alaska half a truth is considered a whole truth.

Stop the BS about Don, the Smith campaign and CP. You and your past actions have done more to help Jack than anything that has been on CP.

Just a thought but maybe the Democratic Party needs someone with more experience in leadership and politics to be the "King Maker".

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." Albert Einstein

CatherineE Guest

Thanks Don. There is a difference in asking someone if they have ever considered running for office and recruiting them to run for office. Being 1 of 8 would appear to be a group effort. In Alaska aerial killing is considered hunting so I guess if you are from Alaska half a truth is considered a whole truth.

Stop the BS about Don, the Smith campaign and CP. You and your past actions have done more to help Jack than anything that has been on CP.

Just a thought but maybe the Democratic Party needs someone with more experience in leadership and politics to be the "King Maker".
    And you can't grant credit where credit is due. FYI...aerial hunting is permitted under a state statute in AK and the tourism/hunting/guiding industry has very effective lobbyists. FYI...this practice is also used to cull or thin predatory animals through the state's wildlife management and protection divisions. As for the commercial aerial hunting, just because something may be legal, doesn't make it ethical, nor does presuming all Alaskans and former Alaskans support this practice.

Seems the only people who have a problem with telling the truth are those who don't want others to know it. As for your need to bash and trash from the shadows, consider this:

"A fanatic is one who won't change his mind and won't change the subject." --Winston Churchill '

"Mistrust those in whom the urge to punish is strong." --Friedrich Nietzsche

And you can't grant credit where credit is due. FYI...aerial hunting is permitted under a state statute in AK and the tourism/hunting/guiding industry has very effective lobbyists. FYI...this practice is also used to cull or thin predatory animals through the state's wildlife management and protection divisions. As for the commercial aerial hunting, just because something may be legal, doesn't make it ethical, nor does presuming all Alaskans and former Alaskans support this practice.

Seems the only people who have a problem with telling the truth are those who don't want others to know it. As for your need to bash and trash from the shadows, consider this:

"A fanatic is one who won't change his mind and won't change the subject." --Winston Churchill '

"Mistrust those in whom the urge to punish is strong." --Friedrich Nietzsche
    Why don't you try telling the whole truth instead of inflating your own abilities. One that most of the people in politics should remember is:
    Santayana's Law of Repetitive Consequences George Santayana "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it,"

Back to the thread about District 41, whoever is to take the seat should be someone that has political experience, no baggage, and is able to raise enough money to keep the seat.

CatherineE Guest

Why don't you try telling the whole truth instead of inflating your own abilities. One that most of the people in politics should remember is:
    Santayana's Law of Repetitive Consequences George Santayana "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it,"
    CD, as my NC grandmother would say, "it ain't bragging when it's true." So you have an axe to grind, I get it. We all get it. Nothing more to say to you about false allegations coming from an anonymous person. (Yeah, yeah, DHyatt knows you but that doesn't verify your credibility because you're both working for the opposition's team).

CD, as my NC grandmother would say, "it ain't bragging when it's true." So you have an axe to grind, I get it. We all get it. Nothing more to say to you about false allegations coming from an anonymous person. (Yeah, yeah, DHyatt knows you but that doesn't verify your credibility because you're both working for the opposition's team).
    Why don't you take your continued effort to make this about you to another thread. Why don't you start one titled: C-players trying to be A-players under Losers/Leeches.

As I said before about your opposition, you are doing more for Jack than anyone on CP. Maybe you should work on your professional decorum (or lack thereof) when presented with an opposing view point. How will you treat Cary residents who disagree with you or your fellow council members? Just a thought...

Now one more time back to the thread about District 41, whoever is to take the seat should be someone that has political experience, no baggage, and is able to raise enough money to keep the seat.