Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: NC House District 41

CatherineE Guest

Default Re: NC House District 41

Quote Originally Posted by C. Daily View Post
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Why don't you take your continued effort to make this about you to another thread. Why don't you start one titled: C-players trying to be A-players under Losers/Leeches.

[FONT=Calibri]As I said before about your opposition, you are doing more for Jack than anyone on CP. Maybe you should work on your professional decorum (or lack thereof) when presented with an opposing view point. How will you treat Cary residents who disagree with you or your fellow council members? Just a thought.
    Etiquette lessons coming from you? Now that is a riot. Make you a deal, you stop taking completely sleazy, baseless potshots and then I won't have to set the record straight.

Leeches/losers/anonymous hacks....whatever.

dhyatt is offline Super Moderator Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General

[snip]

Back to the thread about District 41, whoever is to take the seat should be someone that has political experience, no baggage, and is able to raise enough money to keep the seat.
    I can think of a few other qualifiers

• Honest
    • Forthright
    • Believes that government should be transparent
    • Has core values independent of party platform
    • Works hard
    • Understands that listening to citizens and casting votes are two different things
    • When law is in doubt, sides with citizens
    • When law is clear, follows the law or works to change it
    • Believes that capitalism and individual freedoms are what made this country great and that they shouldn't be abridged
    • Understands that fundamental to our freedom is the right to own and develop property
    • Believes that taxes are a necessary evil in a free society
    • Understands that money coming from the feds originally came from us

I'm sure I'll come up with more as the day rolls on
    Last edited by dhyatt; 09-24-2009 at 04:20 PM. Reason: missing word
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

dhyatt is offline Super Moderator Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineE View Post
    Why don't you try telling the whole truth instead of inflating your own abilities. One that most of the people in politics should remember is:
    Santayana's Law of Repetitive Consequences George Santayana "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it,"
    CD, as my NC grandmother would say, "it ain't bragging when it's true." So you have an axe to grind, I get it. We all get it. Nothing more to say to you about false allegations coming from an anonymous person. (Yeah, yeah, DHyatt knows you but that doesn't verify your credibility because you're both working for the opposition's team).
    Why don't you take your continued effort to make this about you to another thread. Why don't you start one titled: C-players trying to be A-players under Losers/Leeches.

As I said before about your opposition, you are doing more for Jack than anyone on CP. Maybe you should work on your professional decorum (or lack thereof) when presented with an opposing view point. How will you treat Cary residents who disagree with you or your fellow council members? Just a thought...

Now one more time back to the thread about District 41, whoever is to take the seat should be someone that has political experience, no baggage, and is able to raise enough money to keep the seat.

Please 'C'ease and desist. We don't need another flame war here.
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

MattD is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by dhyatt View Post
    [snip]

Back to the thread about District 41, whoever is to take the seat should be someone that has political experience, no baggage, and is able to raise enough money to keep the seat.

• Honest
    • Forthright
    • Works hard
    • Understands that listening to citizens and casting votes are two different things
    • Believes that capitalism and individual freedoms are what made this country great and that they shouldn't be abridged
    • Understands that fundamental to our freedom is the right to own and develop property

Don - thanks for basically posting my Preamble... let me know if I need to write CP a check or if this is going to be free advertising.
    Last edited by dhyatt; 09-24-2009 at 04:20 PM. Reason: missing word
    Matt Danielson

"Wisdom trumps fear" - Matthew Danielson

"Too often we… enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by MattD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dhyatt View Post
    [snip]

• Honest
    • Forthright
    • Works hard
    Don - thanks for basically posting my Preamble... let me know if I need to write CP a check or if this is going to be free advertising.
    Go ahead and write the check. Why do you feel you would be the best candidate? This question is for anyone that is interested in the seat not just Matt.
    Last edited by C. Daily; 09-24-2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: add

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." Albert Einstein

I too am hearing that Gale is making calls. And I agree that it would be a loss for the Town.

Rumor only no confirmation that a former state senator may be in the running.

Quote Originally Posted by VVActivist View Post

John - are you that sure about my photographic skills? I only attended and graduated from RIT, not CGMIT.
    You lived in Rochester, NY, capital of photography for the entire known universe and home of George Eastman and Kodak. So I am sure of your photographic skills.

Quote Originally Posted by VVActivist View Post
    Do you want me to make you look like Victor Mature, or Brad Pitt? Or shoot you like Arnold Newman, Irving Penn, or Richard Avedon?
    I am afraid that is not possible. Just make me look like a younger and better looking version of me. That will be enough.

chaboard is offline Verified Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineE View Post
    Thank you, Don for the faint but intelligible support. There's quite a bit more to it than you referenced but suffice to say I worked harder in support of her campaign than the others combined. Canvassing with her and her husband Kevin was fun and I learned a lot from watching Gale interacting with voters.
    A lot has happened since. And I can't say anything about how Gale got into the race. But I can verify that CE worked very hard in support of Gale's candidacy (and that of the other Dem council candidates that year). I saw a lot of that work firsthand and know for a fact from other contemporary sources that there was a lot more I didn't see. CE was very active as Cary Vice Chair at the time and did a ery good job in that role during that election season.

A lot has happened since. But it doesn't negate her work then.
    "OMG - someone on the internet is WRONG!"

Charlie Board

Per the N&O

At least nine Democratic candidates are already running to replace Rep. Ty Harrell who resigned Sunday amid a campaign finance investigation.
    Wake County Democratic Party Chairman Jack Nichols said nine candidates have declared so far for the District 41 seat:
    -- Chris Heagarty, former director of the N.C. Center for Voter Education
    -- Janet Schanzenbach, lobbyist for mental health programs and rehabilitation facilities
    -- Gale Adcock, Cary Town Council member
    -- John Shaw, a retired electrical engineer and Democratic Party activist
    -- Matt Danielson, former county Democratic Party vice chair
    -- Linda Gunter, former state senator and lobbyist for N.C. Association of Educators
    -- Christopher Headen, executive director of Meals on Wheels of Durham
    -- Steve Rao, director of business development at Datacraft Solutions
    -- Terry L. "Doc" Thome
    Democratic Party precinct chairs and party leaders within the district will meet by Oct. 20 and vote on Harrell’s replacement. When a lawmaker resigns, his or her party selects the replacement, and the governor must appoint that person.

Would like to hear from those running. Why do you feel you would be the best candidate?
    Last edited by C. Daily; 09-25-2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: add