Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: More left wing aggression...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    dhyatt's Avatar
    dhyatt is offline Super Moderator Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    4,743

    Default More left wing aggression...

    Hard to see how today's attack in Silver Spring, MD (my hometown prior to moving to Cary) is anything other than a left wing wacko gone nuts. He says he was inspired by Al Gore. Anybody care to debate how a left wing nut 'encouraged' by mainstream left wingers (Al Gore) is any different than a right wing nut 'encouraged' by mainstream right wingers?

    Can we put to bed once and for all that wacko extremists exist and are encouraged by the fringe on both the left and the right?

    Environmental Militant Killed by Police at Discovery Channel Headquarters


    http://abcnews.go.com/US/gunman-ente...ry?id=11535128
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    801

    Default Re: More left wing aggression...

    You are right to say that he was a nutter. No doubt about that. However, I disagree with the statement that he was encouraged by people like Al Gore. I do not recall Gore asking anyone to practice violence to save the planet. In fact, I do not know of ANY mainstream environmentalist that promotes violence or aggression.

    The big difference is that on the other hand you have several mainstream right-wingers that promote violence. Palin's now famous "reload" quote comes to mind off hand.
    We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

    Sir Winston Churchill

  3. #3
    dhyatt's Avatar
    dhyatt is offline Super Moderator Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    4,743

    Default Re: More left wing aggression...

    Quote Originally Posted by Icorpse View Post
    You are right to say that he was a nutter. No doubt about that. However, I disagree with the statement that he was encouraged by people like Al Gore. I do not recall Gore asking anyone to practice violence to save the planet. In fact, I do not know of ANY mainstream environmentalist that promotes violence or aggression.

    The big difference is that on the other hand you have several mainstream right-wingers that promote violence. Palin's now famous "reload" quote comes to mind off hand.
    Palin's quote was nothing more than a colloquial metaphor and fodder for the left - unless a person is mentally unbalanced.

    However, Earth First! & Dave Foreman (*the* mainstream in enviro-centric crowds) has a lengthy track record of calling for and participating in arson, violent assault, and vandalism of all kinds.

    ...and Gore's call for "civil disobedience" is evidently all the excuse a mentally unbalanced enviro-terrorist needs.

    Sorry, I don't see a difference here - at all.
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    801

    Default Re: More left wing aggression...

    Civil disobedience was practiced by Gandhi, Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela....famed terrorists all. Such darn violent people.

    Anyhow, I said that I agree with you in that the gunman was a nut case. I have no idea who that other gentleman you mentioned in your post is.

    What Palin said was a direct provocation and encouragement for the red meat brigade. I can find dozens of such references from established pols belonging to your party. Credit to you for trying to stand up for the right wingers though!
    We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

    Sir Winston Churchill

  5. #5
    dhyatt's Avatar
    dhyatt is offline Super Moderator Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    4,743

    Default Re: More left wing aggression...

    Quote Originally Posted by Icorpse View Post
    Civil disobedience was practiced by Gandhi, Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela....famed terrorists all. Such darn violent people.

    Anyhow, I said that I agree with you in that the gunman was a nut case. I have no idea who that other gentleman you mentioned in your post is.

    What Palin said was a direct provocation and encouragement for the red meat brigade. I can find dozens of such references from established pols belonging to your party. Credit to you for trying to stand up for the right wingers though!
    You should really look up Dave Foreman.
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    801

    Default Re: More left wing aggression...

    Is there any good reason to believe that Black Panthers are a liberal, progressive group? I do not think so. At least not in my mind. Will look up that guy you mentioned though!
    We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

    Sir Winston Churchill

  7. #7
    MattD is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,881

    Default Re: More left wing aggression...

    Quote Originally Posted by dhyatt View Post

    Palin's quote was nothing more than a colloquial metaphor and fodder for the left -

    Sorry, I don't see a difference here - at all.
    Yup, "keep your powder dry" is just a quaint little thing to say.

    Don. Would you agree the rhetoric from Rush, Glenn, Sean, Bill, and many many others have gone way overboard?
    Matt Danielson

    "Wisdom trumps fear" - Matthew Danielson

    "Too often we… enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

  8. #8
    dhyatt's Avatar
    dhyatt is offline Super Moderator Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    4,743

    Default Re: More left wing aggression...

    Quote Originally Posted by MattD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dhyatt View Post

    Palin's quote was nothing more than a colloquial metaphor and fodder for the left -

    Sorry, I don't see a difference here - at all.
    Yup, "keep your powder dry" is just a quaint little thing to say.
    Yes, though actually more of an idiom, also the title of a 1945 movie. Of course, some think of it as saying we should stay ready to attack Iran, unless you ascribe to the definition from the 1800's meaning to 'act cautiously'. I guess in the left's world, billy clubs wielded by Black Panthers outside voting booths were just there for decoration - because they're Democrats after all....

    http://www.democracyarsenal.org/2009...owder-dry.html

    Quote Originally Posted by MattD View Post
    Don. Would you agree the rhetoric from Rush, Glenn, Sean, Bill, and many many others have gone way overboard?
    On average? No - I would not. Beck crossed the line a couple of times for which he has retracted his statements and apologized. Michael Savage? Yes.
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: More left wing aggression...

    In addition to his extreme and dangerous pro-environmental stand apparently he was a huge fan of forced population control. I am not the biggest pro-life supporter because of some of the crazies who support that cause, but I have to admit that I am equally as distressed with loonies who want to kill people because they think there are too many people. I bet he was also a big-time opponent of the death penalty.

  10. #10
    MattD is offline Verified Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    2-Star Forum General
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,881

    Default Re: More left wing aggression...

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueStateBlues View Post
    I bet he was also a big-time opponent of the death penalty.
    ??? How is this germane to the discussion???
    Matt Danielson

    "Wisdom trumps fear" - Matthew Danielson

    "Too often we… enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

Similar Threads

  1. Enemy, Enemy, Whose Got An Enemy?
    By chaboard in forum 2008 National Elections
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 03:19 PM
  2. The ONLY time you'll see me as a LEFT WINGER!
    By DarylB in forum The Great Outdoors
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 10:18 PM
  3. No Child Left Behind
    By dhyatt in forum Wake County Schools
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 04:54 PM
  4. Where Our Freedom Comes From
    By ChrisD in forum National Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 05:32 PM
  5. The intolerate Left
    By johnb in forum National Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 07:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •