Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: More left wing aggression...

Default Re: More left wing aggression...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStateBlues View Post
    In addition to his extreme and dangerous pro-environmental stand apparently he was a huge fan of forced population control. I am not the biggest pro-life supporter because of some of the crazies who support that cause, but I have to admit that I am equally as distressed with loonies who want to kill people because they think there are too many people. I bet he was also a big-time opponent of the death penalty.
    Once again, I am betting 99.999% of Americans have no idea of who this person is. What he thinks or says regarding environmental issues or population control is largely irrelevant.

However, laws or policies framed around ideological standards have serious consequences. Examples include removal of banking regulations and the healthcare reform movement. If you do not see the difference between these then I am done arguing.
    We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Icorpse View Post
    In addition to his extreme and dangerous pro-environmental stand apparently he was a huge fan of forced population control. I am not the biggest pro-life supporter because of some of the crazies who support that cause, but I have to admit that I am equally as distressed with loonies who want to kill people because they think there are too many people. I bet he was also a big-time opponent of the death penalty.
    Once again, I am betting 99.999% of Americans have no idea of who this person is. What he thinks or says regarding environmental issues or population control is largely irrelevant.

I think many would agree with this point. What seems to matter most is what the MSM believes the public should read, view or hear. Why is it that the media does not give equal attention to this nutjob? The Unabomber story seemed to capture the attention of the general public. This individual did not seem much different from the Luddite idiot, Ted Kaczynski.

However, laws or policies framed around ideological standards have serious consequences. Examples include removal of banking regulations and the healthcare reform movement. If you do not see the difference between these then I am done arguing.
    Not sure what you mean so I don't even want to go there. Call me stupid since you have already sort of insulted my intelligence with this condescending comment.

Quote Originally Posted by MattD View Post
    I bet he was also a big-time opponent of the death penalty.
    ??? How is this germane to the discussion???
    Simple, many of the folks who are opposed to the death penalty couch their arguments in talk about how it is inhumane to put convicted murderers to death; even killers who have committed heinous crimes against humanity. I believe you know this argument...."two wrongs don't make a right," etc. Many of the same folks who are against the death penalty have no problem supporting broadly defined abortion rights. I think this particular individual more than likely took this disrespect for innocent life (as opposed to incorrigibly evil life) to an irrational extreme--he espoused support for strict methods of population control.

Quote Originally Posted by Icorpse View Post

I think many would agree with this point. What seems to matter most is what the MSM believes the public should read, view or hear. Why is it that the media does not give equal attention to this nutjob? The Unabomber story seemed to capture the attention of the general public. This individual did not seem much different from the Luddite idiot, Ted Kaczynski.

Not sure what you mean so I don't even want to go there. Call me stupid since you have already sort of insulted my intelligence with this condescending comment.
    You do not see the difference between the Unabomber and Sarah Palin?
    We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

Sir Winston Churchill

Yes, I think I do. One is a former politician, and also an outdoor sports enthusiast, who makes political commentary/tweets using hunting analogies which cause the Left to go crazy and accuse her of fomenting armed revolution against the current regime. (BTW-I think she does this on purpose to give the Daily Kos crowd something to talk about other than the abject failure of the BHO "hope and change" electoral victory.) The other individual is a violent, psychotic "neer-do-well" who spent most of his adult life in academic centers known for their leftist ideology and is a proven terrorist instead of an accused terrorist.

I agree with Don that that too many folks are making a mountain out of a mole hill regarding Palin's comments. When she starts living "off the grid," mailing letter bombs to those she despises and concocting lengthy manifestos demonstrating how she has completely lost touch with reality, then I will believe that she is dangerous. Until then she is just another politician who uses analogies about sports to drive home a point.

Yes, I think I do. One is a former politician, and also an outdoor sports enthusiast, who makes political commentary/tweets using hunting analogies which cause the Left to go crazy and accuse her of fomenting armed revolution against the current regime. (BTW-I think she does this on purpose to give the Daily Kos crowd something to talk about other than the abject failure of the BHO "hope and change" electoral victory.) The other individual is a violent, psychotic "neer-do-well" who spent most of his adult life in academic centers known for their leftist ideology and is a proven terrorist instead of an accused terrorist.

I agree with Don that that too many folks are making a mountain out of a mole hill regarding Palin's comments. When she starts living "off the grid," mailing letter bombs to those she despises and concocting lengthy manifestos demonstrating how she has completely lost touch with reality, then I will believe that she is dangerous. Until then she is just another politician who uses analogies about sports to drive home a point.
    And I am sure you can line up thousands of folks that idolize the Unabomber. I see no further point in addressing this issue.

Sir Winston Churchill

And I am sure you can line up thousands of folks that idolize the Unabomber. I see no further point in addressing this issue.[/QUOTE]

Methinks that thou doth miss the point. The point is not who or how many idolize the person, it is the degree of threat that should be perceived by the public. If I am truly a nutjob who acts violently by sending missives with bombs or attacking national cable TV stations, then I am by definition a clear and present danger. If I am a politician who makes statements that others falsely interpret as intended to provoke violence -- and please do give me concrete examples of the violence that Palin has fomented-- this is quite different despite your claims to the contrary. This is where I believe that you are missing the point and now we can safely end the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by ICorpse
    And I am sure you can line up thousands of folks that idolize the Unabomber. I see no further point in addressing this issue.
    Methinks that thou doth miss the point. The point is not who or how many idolize the person, it is the degree of threat that should be perceived by the public. If I am truly a nutjob who acts violently by sending missives with bombs or attacking national cable TV stations, then I am by definition a clear and present danger. If I am a politician who makes statements that others falsely interpret as intended to provoke violence -- and please do give me concrete examples of the violence that Palin has fomented-- this is quite different despite your claims to the contrary. This is where I believe that you are missing the point and now we can safely end the discussion.
    There are regular episodes of violence at Tea Parties brought about by needless rhetoric from both corners. Do your own research. This is not good for the country. Do you take the threat of OK pols raising a militia seriously? What would it take for you to be convinced?
    Last edited by dhyatt; 09-20-2010 at 12:10 PM.

Sir Winston Churchill

There are regular episodes of violence at Tea Parties brought about by needless rhetoric from both corners. Do your own research. This is not good for the country. Do you take the threat of OK pols raising a militia seriously? What would it take for you to be convinced?[/QUOTE]

I doubt that there are more incidents of violence and aggression at Tea Party events than, say, Wake County School Board meetings or maybe Democratic National Conventions. I certainly do not blame the pols from the minority on the School Board for the embarrassing tactics employed by the opponents of the neighborhood school policies and I do not blame the leaders of the Democratic Party for the militant and sometimes violent protests that erupt outside their national convention every four years. Let's not even get started on G-8 or G-20 conferences held in North America.

dhyatt is offline Super Moderator Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General

And with the triple slaying of Muslim students in Chapel Hill this week, over a combination of who knows what, we have a self-described progressive liberal and a 'devout atheist' (I'm not sure what that is but I bet some of you think you do) who proves once and for all that left wing kooks are just as dangerous as their right wing counterparts.
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org