Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How did Gene M get my email address?

Default How did Gene M get my email address?

Earlier this week, WCDP SEC members were treated to yet another Gene M email. Usual WCDP content....witches, whining and old facebook photos. But this one had a bonus attachment.
    Questions reagrding Gene's emails that normally arise - How did he get my email address? How does he know folks names but have such a twisted view?

Gene's email had a bonus attachment of the WCDP SEC member's list. If you download it, you can check the properties. The author created the document at 1:38AM the morning of September 14th. The author ran for office in Cary last year and had VAN access (emails included) plus requested email data from municipalities. The author has joined various WCDP groups and is believed collected membership lists. So there - now folks in Wake know "How they got on his list."

Come November 3rd...this issue should be addressed. So what does this mean for a member of the SEC to be Gene's source? Should that person be kept as a precinct officer or SEC member?

Poor Gene....claining to be a wordsmith and yet not have an original thought.

In the meantime - back to the Election.

dhyatt is offline Super Moderator Five Year Club
    Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General

Default Re: How did Gene M get my email address?

Quote Originally Posted by jdcasey View Post
    Earlier this week, WCDP SEC members were treated to yet another Gene M email. Usual WCDP content....witches, whining and old facebook photos. But this one had a bonus attachment.
    Questions reagrding Gene's emails that normally arise - How did he get my email address? How does he know folks names but have such a twisted view?

Gene's email had a bonus attachment of the WCDP SEC member's list. If you download it, you can check the properties. The author created the document at 1:38AM the morning of September 14th. The author ran for office in Cary last year and had VAN access (emails included) plus requested email data from municipalities. The author has joined various WCDP groups and is believed collected membership lists. So there - now folks in Wake know "How they got on his list."

Come November 3rd...this issue should be addressed. So what does this mean for a member of the SEC to be Gene's source? Should that person be kept as a precinct officer or SEC member?

Poor Gene....claining to be a wordsmith and yet not have an original thought.

In the meantime - back to the Election.
    The membership list seems to be public info to me. Isn't that what's available here: http://www.wakedems.org/node/3045 ?

Maybe Gene had email addresses and just put them together with the spreadsheet data???
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

You are getting trashed on BlueNC. Same story same player. Will it ever end?

http://www.bluenc.com/gene-messicks-...riter-revealed

Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by Doris Weaver View Post
    You are getting trashed on BlueNC. Same story same player. Will it ever end?

http://www.bluenc.com/gene-messicks-...riter-revealed
    Probably not. The agony of defeat and all that....
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

The documents actually differ in content. The WCDP website document does not have the "commentary" offered by the one sent from Gene M. I would be glad to send you a copy of the email and you will be able to see for yourself.

Meanwhile - on BlueNC - although the individual who created the document w/ commentary was not names....someone quickly created a new account and reverted back to an attack mode reminescent of CP-ago.... the usual stuff... nothing new other than my health and my children being brought into the mix...classy.

Funny how simply talking about "document properties" without naming names became an invitation for internet mayhem.... Just keep the Panera Walnut St IP address for any new members this week. It might come in handy when managing "puppets."

Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General

Quote Originally Posted by jdcasey View Post
    The documents actually differ in content. The WCDP website document does not have the "commentary" offered by the one sent from Gene M. I would be glad to send you a copy of the email and you will be able to see for yourself.

Meanwhile - on BlueNC - although the individual who created the document w/ commentary was not names....someone quickly created a new account and reverted back to an attack mode reminescent of CP-ago.... the usual stuff... nothing new other than my health and my children being brought into the mix...classy.

Funny how simply talking about "document properties" without naming names became an invitation for internet mayhem.... Just keep the Panera Walnut St IP address for any new members this week. It might come in handy when managing "puppets."
    Please email me a copy of the document so I can analyze it.
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

Done -- enjoy checking the Properties. Emails are not listed; however, the author commentary is different than what is on the website.

As the earlier post indicates - the author has had access to email addresses and the ability to forward them to Gene M. The document having been originated from that individual and then included in a GM email demonstrates there is a relationship.

The majority of folks really don't even pay attention to the GM emails. A former State Chair once said, "If you get blasted by him, it typically means you are doing something right." It is a badge of Honor for many.

The repetitive theme in his and the document creator's rants has been reduce to SPAM. Being the two now are "partners" - well - birds of a feather....

Have a great day

Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General

For all you political voyeurs out there. The document jdcasey sent me was definitely authored by someone using the name Catherine Evangelista. There is zero room for doubt about that.

However, the document does not contain any email addresses. There is also zero doubt about that.

There is also no doubt that the author of the document used a publicly available spreadsheet and annotated it before sending to Gene Messick for inclusion in his latest rant.

However, the annotations are seemingly benign and mostly informative in nature. Why she thought Mr. Messick needed the information is anybody's guess but I don't see anything inherently duplicitous in the document itself.

The allegation by jdcasey that the author of the modified document (i.e. Catherine) provided email addresses to Mr. Messick remains unproven.

However, Ms. Evangelista's thinly veiled threats to CP to delete these posts seem to support the notion that she once again stepped out of bounds.

We now sum it up by using the Cary Politics Translation Engine for the Politically Naive:

[CPTEPN]
    Disgruntled Dem Party activists continue private cat fight, once again playing it out publicly on Cary Politics and BlueNC through the use of barely anonymous accusations, threats, and counter threats.
    [/CPTEPN]

...and there you have it.
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

Site Supporter
    Site Admin
    3-Star Forum General

Catherine Evangelista is now 'promising' ("not a threat, it's a promise") legal action against yours truly if this thread remains on CP. Well Catherine, when a judge orders me to delete the posts, I will. Until then, count your blessings that I don't plaster your emails here.
    Don Hyatt
    Webmaster
    CaryPolitics.org

Well, Don - you would get true bipartisan support for your legal defense fund.

Somebody going by SECMember on BlueNC has posted multiple links to CaryPolitics including this thread. The BlueNC thread was closed before clarification of the WCDP doc versus the one forward by Gene M. Thanks for clearing that up.

In regards to the emails - you are correct - there is no concrete proof. Just speculation, opportunity and motive.

I am sure a lawyer would be able to confirm that a relationship exist between Gene & his co-author. A lawyer would also be able to establish opportunity and motive in regards to acquiring and distributing email addresses.

I guess we will have to wait for Gene's next email to see if He is willing to defend his reputation as an Investigative Report and/or wordsmith rather than a tool for his co-author's misinformation.

Until then -- have a great day....